Music store not going to carry new tonemaster amp's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by harvey j, Sep 13, 2019.

1. ricks57custom

ricks57custom Member

I'm sorry but this is incorrect. The amps haven't officially launched yet and all kinds of professional videos with be available when it does launch in the next week. Stores are excited to sell amps if people are asking for them (which they are) so they do.

We love to show our new stuff at NAMM so there will always be amateur videos that will never really highlight the sounds of the amps in the best light but at least it helps players figure if they're interested in them or not.

HotBluePlates, ford, Peppy and 2 others like this.
  2. ricks57custom

ricks57custom Member

I'm guessing you really don't like newer Fender amps, haha. No worries. All I will say is this, the 65 Reissue Deluxe and twin PCB amps have been out on the market for over two decades and there are plenty of those amps being used and recorded around the world. Cheers.

Peppy likes this.
  3. SteveO

SteveO Member

The International Space Station is all digital and PCB, too. It seems to be holding up pretty well. Not sure if it has an editor app or Bluetooth, though.

Peppy and WhiskeyTango like this.
  4. candid_x

candid_x Supporting Member

Fair enough. I wish you well with the launch. It'll be interesting to see how the Tone Master series is received. I look forward to your professional videos.

5. davidespinosa

davidespinosa Supporting Member

I wouldn't mind them if they were hand-wired, for the same price.
    But since you're here, people are asking for:

(1) A hand-wired Princeton Reverb.
    (2) A Vibrolux Reverb reissue.

6. ricks57custom

ricks57custom Member

Thanks for the insight. I'm happy to say that there are plans for other hand-wired amps in our future.

7. Oriondk

Oriondk Member

I think the Chris Stapleton Princeton is handwired.

8. ricks57custom

ricks57custom Member

You’re right, we actually have six different hand wired amps in the line as I write this.

Oriondk likes this.
  9. dharmafool

dharmafool Member

@ricks57custom, will Fender seriously consider offering the Tonemaster Twin Reverb as a head?

blackba likes this.
  10. Peppy

Peppy Member

My local store sold out of their allotment in ten days or so. Allegedly Fender has sold out of the whole first Deluxe Reverb run. Sure, new and exciting addition to the amp market. I get it. Still sticking with my assessment though...meaning over a decent time period.

candid_x likes this.
  11. DRS

DRS Member

I like the gig ready features such as emulated XLR out and a quality cab.
    Plenty of power choices.
    I found my Mutsang III v2 quite a good at getting those classic Fender tube amp tones. So I imagine this is going to be even better.

12. RodTruss

RodTruss Member

I used the Mustang 3v2 for several years gigging and all. Big fan.
    I went to try the Tone Master Twin and I brought the M3 to compare and trade in if I liked the Twin. After 30 seconds back in forth between the two I vastly preferred the Tone Master Twin. I spent 4 years fine tuning my preset sound on the M3 and the Tone Master sounded way better just plugging it in without touching any knobs.
    I traded the M3 for the TMTR got some money for the amp plus 10% off for the trade in.

I play clean so take that into consideration. Also I always used 2x12 combos so I had been thinking about going back to that. Part of what I like may just be the 2 speaker configuration. The TMTR does sound glorious.
    I tried the Nextone as well and I preferred the TMTR.

The M3 sounded small, boxy, and compressed lacking articulation and pick dynamics compared to the TMTR.

Just my experience.

YMMV

YMMV

YMMV

13. Oriondk

Oriondk Member

So I wonder if the store has reconsidered since the TMs seem to be selling really well?

14. RodTruss

RodTruss Member

He said the store is in Florida.

15. Plaid Sabbath

Plaid Sabbath Silver Supporting Member

Haven't purchased one yet, but I did recently spend some time playing through a TMDR. Only about 20 minutes, but that was enough time to come to the conclusion that I really want one. The online demo vids got my attention, but plugging into one is an entirely different experience. For my personal amp needs, it's a great value.

Look...I love the big chewy sound of a cooking tube amp as much as anyone else, but I can't light up my Marshall to the happy zone. My house isn't all that big. My two kids are on the spectrum so I have to be a bit more sensitive to loud noises. My neighbors live about 20 feet away from me on either side of my house. I'm not going to be the jackass neighbor blazing through a 4x12 just because it makes my balls tingle.

I'm not going to dump the cash on a Kemper or AxeFX. Tried a Katana...didn't like it. Had a Quilter Aviator at one point. Did nothing for me. No desire for a Mustang or Line 6 or any other modeler with hundreds of options.

A TMDR would be a very practical solution for me. Great sound. Eats up pedals. Built in attenuation. Most appealing to me is the fact that it's simple. No menus, plug-ins, endless options to tweak. It's a simple plug and play guitar amp. It uses ones and zeroes to make sound come out of the speaker instead of vacuum tubes. It's not inexpensive, but step back and think about guitar gear in general...we sink a lot of money into gear, pros and hobbyists alike.

Some people have more money velcroed to pedal boards than I spent on furniture for my house. Some people don't even bat an eye and drop $5K on a custom guitar. We've all seen many photos of guitar and amp collections here on TGP. It's not uncommon to see dudes with 30+guitars, 20+amps and enough pedals to full a semi-truck. So what? It's their money. That's what makes them happy.

In the end, it's all about making music. My needs are simple...a good amp, a few pedals and a couple of guitars is enough. $900 for an amp that keeps me and everyone in my house happy? Not that bad of a deal. I'm sure Fender did all of the proper R&D and market research. They found a niche that needed to be served. They're going to sell a lot of these amps. I'm willing to pay the price. If you don't see the value, that's cool. Find what works for you and go make some music.

16. kwicked

kwicked Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

They need to be focusing on handwired for the six people that want them instead of selling out production runs on the TMs. They will be out of business shortly.

SteveO, Oriondk and MilwMark like this.
  17. OPENYOUREYES

OPENYOUREYES Member

Does the head version need to be pine though????? i mean it can be cheaper wood of course cause its a head and there are no wood dynamics needed right? Hence a cheaper price? pluss no neo speakers?

blackba likes this.
  18. Groberts

Groberts Silver Supporting Member

Great post. I am surprised by how many people are merely judging based on it being solid state or a digital model. Having played the TM deluxe and TM Twin, I was very impressed with the musicality of both and how 'authentic' they sound and "feel". (to your point)

19. Groberts

Groberts Silver Supporting Member

You got to play one too? I tried the Tonemaster Deluxe and the Tonemaster Twin. Both were REALLY nice. Credible and convincing sounding to me. I like them a lot. Although a little of the reverb knob goes a long way. Anything more than '3' (and even '2' on the Revveerb knob sounded a bit more like a reverb pedal. But it is a very good sound nonetheless.

Peppy likes this.