Musical retreats?....

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by tbone666, Dec 30, 2013.

1. tbone666

tbone666 Member

So I just looked into the G3/G4 event for August of 2014. This looks like it could be really cool. But am I just thinking like a teenager? Which I haven't been for quite some time. Seriously, if that's your musical persuasion, could you have fun at the age of 41 at an event like this. The roommate situation reminds me of a college situation, obviously. Not too keen on that.

I must say that I do tend to act as more of a teenager than a 41 year old. I guess it's more about, "are there others out there in my age group that would consider this?"

Thoughts...

http://g4experience.com/?artist=satriani

2. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

Dunno about this event, but I attended one week sessions for 6 summers in a row at the now defunct, National Guitar Workshop. Some of the most enjoyable times I've ever had playing music. I developed friendships with guys I still keep up with half way across the country.

Did wonders for my playing to be saturated in that environment for a week, and gave me a ton of material to work on afterwards. The main difference seems to be, NGW hired guys and gals who teach for a living in addition to playing and brought a big name in for performance and master class.

We know Joe is a solid teacher. Not sure about the other guys. Sounds like a great time, though.

3. Yer Blues

Yer Blues Member

Looks like you can get your own room for a grand more.

I wish stuff like this happened where I live.

4. Jimmy3Fingers

Jimmy3Fingers Member

If I had the disposable income, it sure sounds like fun.

Otherwise...I think I'd get more out of a couple years worth of lessons from the best local teacher I could find.

5. lhallam

lhallam Member

I'm 58, I absolutely would consider it if my schedule allowed. Mike Keneally is an excellent musician.