musician wanted ads

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Kyle Ashley, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Kyle Ashley

Kyle Ashley Supporting Member

Didn't there used to be a section at TGP for musician wanted ads?

Our drummer of 27 years ended up in a terrible traffic accident and is out for over a year. Have some fill ins but would like to contact a few more. Craig's List seems like a dead end. Any ideas?

2. Rage

Rage Supporting Member

Music shops?

3. stratotastic

stratotastic Supporting Member

No offense, but if you can't even put in enough effort to figure out how to find a band member, you're off to a pretty bad start already. Check Bandmix, The Mode, local music stores, or just get out there and talk to people.

4. Kyle Ashley

Kyle Ashley Supporting Member

Dude - I've had the same band members and lineup for 27 frickin' years! I'm not exactly used to finding new players with a 4 day notice. I've got 160 more dates this year and I have 4 excellent subs, they're just all in other touring bands so I'm juggling everyone's schedule right now. I'd like to find one, single replacement.

My question was really more about whether or not there used to be a players wanted section on TGP. Don't worry, I've been on the road for 36 years, I know a lot of players....it's finding players who are really good who are not already committed in touring bands.

I'm looking at ALL options.

But thanks for the suggestions!

5. Dipintoplayer

Dipintoplayer Member

I was in the same boat as you i have played in exactly 2 bands in the last 14 years..The band i'm in now up until roughly 4 months ago had the same lineup for 6 years then our lead guitar play and one of my best friends died in his sleep ..

Not only was i dealing with the loss of a very close friends..But he was a single father who's children stayed with my family when we where on the road..So i took his kids in with me..

I still had to find a better than average guitar player who could not only play our style but fit in personality wise..Which is not always the easiest thing to find when dealing with a traveling/touring band where you spend days upon days sitting in a van or RV together..People tend to get on one another's nerves quickly.

There is a huge difference between playing on weekends and spending 7 months a year on the road..
    I was lucky and actual found a accomplished player from the fender forums who was a great fit .Even though i nor any other band members had ever meet him face to face prior to his audition..

My advice is keep an open mind and explore any and all options...