Musicians Friend heavily edited my review

0018g

I bought one of the Rickenbacker 4003s basses from Musicians Friend a few weeks ago. The bass is great, but the case had a hole in it from shipping about the size of a half dollar. I contacted them, and they offered either a price adjustment or I could send the whole shebang back and get another rig. I took the money, as the basses are hard to get and there could have been a delay.

They sent me an email requesting a review(as they always do), so I posted one. I talked about how great the bass was, and how they had resolved my problem regarding the case. I gave it 5 stars. When it gets posted, they deleted about 1/3 of my review-nothing in there about the case!

Of course, it's their website and they can do as they please, bu they'll never get another review from me. Not to mention the fact that I will put ZERO stock in any review I read on their site. It's not like I slagged them-they would have deleted that outright anyway. I felt they did the right thing and said so, but why censor me? I wonder if they would delete the whole thing if I emailed them and asked?

TrickinSid

Silver Supporting Member
I can understand them checking things over, before publishing reviews...but in your case - doesn't really make sense to me.

JBid

So they made you whole, but you still want to dig at them for shipping damage to the case, that protected the guitar well?

0018g

So they made you whole, but you still want to dig at them for shipping damage to the case, that protected the guitar well?
I guess I didn't see it as a dig. Just stating what happened, and how they resolved it to my satisfaction.

this is somehow related to
the missing crown of lichtenstein
I know, right? How dare I post about something guitar related on a guitar website. Some nerve I have.

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Gold Supporting Member
I guess I didn't see it as a dig. Just stating what happened, and how they resolved it to my satisfaction.

I know, right? How dare I post about something guitar related on a guitar website. Some nerve I have.
There are always some people who will view it as their raison d'etre to find fault with everything. Don't let it get you down. I, for one, found your post interesting though, sadly, not at all surprising. :) P.S. Shows you how dumb MF's "editors" are - that they resolved your issue to your satisfaction would have been, to MF, the most valuable part of your review.

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
Maybe MF wanted a review of the actual product, i.e. the bass, and not of their shipping partner and customer resolution process?

ozspawn

I find it odd that companies persist in having a "review" feature on their websites when every one knows they are cr@p.

Do they really think they're fooling any one?

bluwoodsman

Gold Supporting Member
There are always some people who will view it as their raison d'etre to find fault with everything. Don't let it get you down. I, for one, found your post interesting though, sadly, not at all surprising. :) P.S. Shows you how dumb MF's "editors" are - that they resolved your issue to your satisfaction would have been, to MF, the most valuable part of your review.
Exactly. Everyone has issues now and then. Showing you will take care of them when they happen is a selling point for many people. Thanks to the OP, makes me really wonder about Musicians Friend now.

0018g

So they can read them and then act on them?
The dispute had already been resolved-nothing left to act on. If you are implying that they would read a bad review and initiate contact to resolve it of their own accord, I don't know what to tell you. On second thought, I do know. Ain't gonna happen.

I was just stating my experience with their Service/Delivery. It is certainly at least implied during the review process that this IS PART of your review. I was not unfair, I did not bag on them, I simply stated what my Service/Delivery problem was and how it was resolved to my satisfaction.

I've been doing business with these people for close to 25 years. I have some idea of how they operate and generally know what I'm in for, but this one was a puzzler to me. If you continually feel the need to defend them, that's fine-but I'm not really on the attack. I will continue to do business there, I'm just done with reading or writing reviews.

Trending Topics