• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Musicians Friend is horrible

Cee Flatt

I' ve been receiving a relentless email barrage from a salesperson telling me that I'm missing out on great deals. I have responded politely numerous times asking them stop and letting them know that I'll reach out if I need anything so there's no need to pester me, but they keep coming. I will never buy anything from them. Ever. They are just awful (and stupid). Does some marketing mgr think "gee, if we badger this guy relentlessly, he just might come to his senses and buy a bunch of stuff from us. Or, next time I'm looking for an amp, I'll think "MF annoyed me relentlessly for months. I'll buy from them." Weasels and Idiots. They deserve to go out of business. Needless to say all of their emails go directly to trash, but it's still annoying.
Here's the "person" or bot that keeps sending to me:
I know we haven't been able to connect yet, but I'd like to let you know about a special opportunity with some sweet gear.

I'll give you a call shortly, but if we're unable to chat, please give me a call back. I would love to know if this is something that interests you, either now or in the future. Talk soon!

Thanks,

Dee Ribeiro
Gear Advisor,
Phone: +1(317)664-8317
Email: dee.ribeiro@musiciansfriend.com

Last edited:

Voyevoda

Silver Supporting Member
I' ve been receiving a relentless email barrage from a salesperson telling me that I'm missing out on great deals. I have responded politely numerous times asking them stop and letting them know that I'll reach out if I need anything so there's no need to pester me, but they keep coming. I will never buy anything from them. They are just awful (and stupid). Does some marketing mgr think "gee, if we badger this guy relentlessly, he just might realize that we have a 5% off deals on old useless crap and then buy a whole bunch of it. Idiots. Man, I hate them. They deserve to go out of business.
here's the "person" or bot that keeps sending to me:
I know we haven't been able to connect yet, but I'd like to let you know about a special opportunity with some sweet gear.

I'll give you a call shortly, but if we're unable to chat, please give me a call back. I would love to know if this is something that interests you, either now or in the future. Talk soon!

Thanks,

Dee Ribeiro
Gear Advisor,
you can block their email address

ixnay

I get an email like that every month or so. I just ignore them. Now that I think about it, I haven't received one of these emails in well over a month.

They're not any worse then Sweetwater when it comes to unsolicited calls and/or emails. None of it really bothers me. It isn't that hard to disregard an email or ignore a phone call and move on with your life...

Benz2112

Memba?
Gold Supporting Member
I get hassled by my local shoemaker in the same manner. His initials are D.S.W, and he continuously offers me to join his rewards club, via electronic correspondence. He includes samples of his product, as well as generous discount offers. Between this gentleman, and auctioneers at Ebay, I have to survey my electronic inbox constantly. I hope this finds you well. Please reply to confirm receipt.

Judge Smails

I' ve been receiving a relentless email barrage from a salesperson telling me that I'm missing out on great deals. I have responded politely numerous times asking them stop and letting them know that I'll reach out if I need anything so there's no need to pester me, but they keep coming. I will never buy anything from them. Ever. They are just awful (and stupid). Does some marketing mgr think "gee, if we badger this guy relentlessly, he just might come to his senses and buy a bunch of stuff from us. Or, next time I'm looking for an amp, I'll think "MF annoyed me relentlessly for months. I'll buy from them." Weasels and Idiots. They deserve to go out of business. Needless to say all of their emails go directly to trash, but it's still annoying.

Thanks,

Dee Ribeiro
Gear Advisor,
Unsubscribe and go on with your life. Jeez....... Bitching on here? Cmon

Mr Fingers

Unsubscribe, don't block/direct to spam. You may have to repeat the unsubscribe action as some merchants systematically ignore the command. Whemn I get angry, I send a cease and desist email to several individuals in the organization or company. This is direct abuse of your personal information, but only after you submit an unsubscribe request.
-- Just another example of how government oversight serves businesses, not voters.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member

Thanks,

Dee Ribeiro
Gear Advisor,
SAME GUY FROM OCTOBER 2020 -

Is anyone else getting this from MF? I am getting several phone calls a week now asking if I need any new gear. It's really annoying. I have called customer service twice and asked to be removed from their calling list, but I received another today, Sunday, at 8am. Are they this desperate? MF, if you read this forum, please stop calling. Do the marketing geniuses at MF think that constantly calling me triggers the response of "gee, I guess I need to buy more stuff from you." It just pisses me off. Stop it.
Posting multiple threads about it within several weeks of each other is your solution? Why not just unsubscribe or block the e-mail?

LikeAMotherF

Gold Supporting Member
SAME GUY FROM OCTOBER 2020 -

Posting multiple threads about it within several weeks of each other is your solution? Why not just unsubscribe or block the e-mail?
October is "several weeks" ago?! :confused

Man, I gotta take it easy on the meds or something. Usually I feel I like I lose time. Somehow I feel like I gained a bunch of time now!

Wonder what early January will be like? Probably just another month....

Johnny21

Silver Supporting Member
You whined about this twice, just freaking hit the delete button get on with your life already. What is whining on TGP gonna suppose to even accomplish. Are you trying to rile us up and get mad with you?

"OMG I GOT A SPAM EMAIL, I'M SO INCONVENIENCED AND THEY'RE HORRIBLE BECAUSE I TOLD THEM TO STOP!!!" - that's what you sound like.

Retail sales is a hard business. They are probably playing the #'s game where they send out 10000 and hear back from 1. Most people do retail because there's not other opportunities available to them.

Last edited:

Judge Smails

You whined about this twice, just freaking hit the delete button get on with your life already. What is whining on TGP gonna suppose to even accomplish. Are you trying to rile us up and get mad with you?

"OMG I GOT A SPAM EMAIL, I'M SO INCONVENIENCED AND THEY'RE HORRIBLE BECAUSE I TOLD THEM TO STOP!!!" - that's what you sound like.

Retail sales is a hard business. They are probably playing the #'s game where they send out 10000 and hear back from 1. Most people do retail because there's not other opportunities available to them.
Yep and I’m going on TGP to tell them how pissed I am and they should go out of business because I’m pissed that I can’t not read those emails. I’m sooooo mad.

specs

I kept receiving email from a MF salesman who wanted to help me on my musical journey. I never gave much attention to the messages. The last email was titled "Is it me?" I just responded with I am not interested. No more emails.

CassetteTape

Silver Supporting Member
I agree. I had points and bought 3 tuners which they put on backorder for something like 9 months.
Finally I called them to cancel the order and they did it - and took my points! I've emailed them multiple times and no response.

I stick to Wildwood, Sweetwater and SoundPure now.

Trending Topics