Musicians Friend Shipping?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Wmacky, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Wmacky

Wmacky Member

Have they been slow shipping lately? Ordered Tuesday, and their still "processing". Do I need to call to check for a CC issue?

2. MmcGrouty

MmcGrouty Silver Supporting Member

I ordered twice this week, and received my orders in 2 days. I would call.

3. NewDr.P

NewDr.P Member

more likely their courier isnt picking up a scheduled.

ive noticed since christmas everything takes longer to arrive. usps, ups, fedex, etc all slow as hell on almost everything i order. amazon uses this ups hand off to usps service in my area and that a complete disaaster. automatically add 2 days. and this is for prime deliveries- free 2 day deliveries take a week to show up.

4. Rockerduck

Rockerduck Member

Last year I ordered 5 packs of strings and paid 2 day delivery. After 3 days, I called an asked what the problem was and didn't get a good answer, I fussed about how hard could it be to put 5 packs in a envelope and mail. Anyways, I got a mgr. to go down and do it or just cancel my order. I got it two days later. I don't order from MF as much now, unless I'm not in a hurry.

5. Wmacky

Wmacky Member

I called and they said it will ship today. Never had them take 4 days to ship before. At least I got the %15 off deal.

6. straightblues

straightblues Member

I have never had it slow, but I have had a lot of stuff come in huge boxes. They put 4 jacks and two pots in a box that was 30 inches long and 18 wide and 3 inches deep. It has got to be costing them lots of extra money to ship like that. And it has been happening a lot lately. My wife calls me at work and says you got a huge package thinking I bought something big. I have to open them with her just to prove I didn't.

7. TheoDog

TheoDog Silver Supporting Member

Large in-stock items I often get practically next day since I am with 3 hrs of the Salina warehouse.
    Anything small ends of going through Mail Innovations and arrives in about a week.

Is there a current 15% promo, or is that post just referring to a general call and ask scenario?

8. Wmacky

Wmacky Member

This is 4 days just start the shipping process!

The 15% is a Presidents day sale. However, almost every major brand is excluded. If you call in the exclusion list is many times smaller, and most will qualify. So always call!

9. Pointy Headstock

Pointy Headstock Member

Call them- especially if you ordered an item that they may only have one of.

I've tried to order several one off close out items and found that their system will allow multiple customers to place an order against a single item. My experience is that "processing" can be translated as "someone else likely placed an order for the same item before you did, but we're keeping your order active and your hopes up in the off chance their credit card gets declined".

10. TheoDog

TheoDog Silver Supporting Member

Maybe they are adding processing time to locate the item in stock at a guitar center location to help liquidate some sales floor inventory. :stir

11. hydroquebec

hydroquebec Member

FWIW, I got a Flashback Triple from them with a 17% discount over the winter holiday season. They were busy, so it took a few days to process, but it did arrive in about one week. Might be worth calling, but I suspect you'll be fine.