Musicians Institute GIT Teacher in NY?

Rafterman

Gold Supporting Member
Anyone know of a graduate of MIT (GIT) teaching guitar in the NYC area or just North of NYC area? Thanks

Rafterman

Gold Supporting Member
Seems everyone that goes to MIT stays in CA or goes back to the Mid-West......they never come back to NY.

You can call the school and talk to the Career Development department. They should be able to put you in touch with alumni in your area that teach lessons.

Rafterman

Gold Supporting Member
I am actually a good friend of The Bear. I have gone to Berklee and then went to a great music school in NY but I have worked in a different field for the last 25 years.
I met some MIT guys out in Anaheim at NAMM. It seems no one who is serious goes to MIT and returns to NY. I was trying to find a NY MIT guy to get a few lessons and insight on their approach to teaching and practice.

Rafterman

Gold Supporting Member
Berklee has been around longer but I am finding MIT guys are somewhat scarce in NYC area.

KRosser

I hate to be pedantic but I suppose I'm going to be...

MI = Musicians Institute, the umbrella school that includes the Guitar Program, formerly known as GIT, located in Hollywood, CA

MIT = Massachusetts Institute Of Technology, they do stuff like cure cancer and solve the world's energy problems, located in Cambridge, MA

I'm a full-time instructor at MI. They don't let me into the MIT parking lot.

Rafterman

Gold Supporting Member
Krosser thanks for the correction. I hope I did not offend your MI pride!
I think I did a medley of "GIT" and "MI" and came up with "MIT".....or some old German lesson is creeping back into me. I think I ran into you at a NAMM show once in 2013.

KRosser

Krosser thanks for the correction. I hope I did not offend your MI pride!
I think I did a medley of "GIT" and "MI" and came up with "MIT".....or some old German lesson is creeping back into me. I think I ran into you at a NAMM show once in 2013.
No offense taken, none intended here likewise...

NAMM 2015 is already a blur for me...was I there in 2013? ;)

Trending Topics