Sold MusicMan 65 1x15 Vintage '74-'77 amp

FrankHendrix

Telephile
Gold Supporting Member
MUSIC MAN 65 65w 8 ohm 15" 6CA7/EL34 12AX7. Works great.Here is a killer steel guitar amp or guitar amp. It's all original (including the original GE 6CA7's power tubes and a GE 12ax7 Phase inverter) and works great These are Leo Fenders last amp designs and feature tubes and solid state power and pre sections (Eminence 8 ohm speaker big square alnico magnet) This amp sounds great., and rolls good on its casters... Footswitch included. $575 + shipping

FrankHendrix

Telephile
Gold Supporting Member
Oddly, since I wrote that a guy contacted me to see if I'd trade him the amp for a 66 Ampeg RocketReverb II ... I am tempted.

FrankHendrix

Telephile
Gold Supporting Member
We shall see. One of the guitarists I enjoy very much, Randy Ray Mitchell, uses one most of the time.

bullet6759

I own a 67 Gemini best lush clean sounds and killer reverb. To make or buy a boutique amp like that would cost 3x as much . The old Ampegs are Gems.

FrankHendrix

Telephile
Gold Supporting Member
The 'heritage' reissue of the RocketReverb II, which is handwired like the original, is offered at the giveaway price of only $4500. But don't sell this old Music Man short. It is also a killer amp, and so way undervalued, underpriced and under-respected for what it is that a sterner fellow than myself would probably weep thinking about it.

Trending Topics