• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Musicmaster with Marshall 1974 circuit mods (rockin' out)

I liked that. Was that a 70's era silverface musicmaster? I didn't think they could sound like that! :dude
Yup, silverface little fender...

...but as mentioned, its been converted to a 18watt marshall preamp so the original never did quite sound like this. It actually didn't change the overall character of the amp as much as I thought it would, it just holds together better now when pushed.

Cornbread

That sounds great JubileeMan!

I love my little Musicmaster amp but need to do something to help the tone knob be a little more effective. For now I keep my MDEQ on all the time.

Where did you find that mod?

That sounds great JubileeMan!

I love my little Musicmaster amp but need to do something to help the tone knob be a little more effective. For now I keep my MDEQ on all the time.

Where did you find that mod?
Didn't find any mod. I simply looked over the Marshall 18w 1974 schematic and changed the amp to more closely follow that. These amps have so little on the inside that these changes are not really all that hard.

But if you just want your EQ to work better, check out the Fender Tweed Deluxe 5e3 schematic and mod the map to be wired like that is setup. Much better range and it improves the amp's overall tone.

Cornbread

Didn't find any mod. I simply looked over the Marshall 18w 1974 schematic and changed the amp to more closely follow that. These amps have so little on the inside that these changes are not really all that hard.

But if you just want your EQ to work better, check out the Fender Tweed Deluxe 5e3 schematic and mod the map to be wired like that is setup. Much better range and it improves the amp's overall tone.
Thanks!!

huskerjohn

That's easy for you to say! I'd mess it up for sure. Again, it sounded great!

Trending Topics