Musicom Lab Efx Mk Iii Vs Efx Me

SFW

Ok, so I picked up a Musicom EFX ME last week. Just arrived today. I was originally looking for a used EFX MK III. Shortly after I purchased the EFX ME I found a used EFX MK III for a stupid low price. So I bought that one too...lol! The EFX MK III has more loops than I need, but would allow me to switch the channels and functions on my Splawn without the need for a RJM Mini Amp Gizmo. (Though I find the RJM unit very easy and quick to use.)

The ability to program the EFX ME from my laptop via MIDI seems like a much faster way to get my tones dialed in. However, the fact that the EFX MK III was a Pro grade model makes me wonder if it may be a better sounding unit. I know that it has a mute/tuner switch out front. How difficult is the MK III to program quickly? How difficult is it to send multiple MIDI CC messages?

I am getting ready to have custom pedalboard built, and I want to make sure that I have the best option on the board. I would love to here any thoughts and experiences. Thank you!

Ok, so I picked up a Musicom EFX ME last week. Just arrived today. I was originally looking for a used EFX MK III. Shortly after I purchased the EFX ME I found a used EFX MK III for a stupid low price. So I bought that one too...lol! The EFX MK III has more loops than I need, but would allow me to switch the channels and functions on my Splawn without the need for a RJM Mini Amp Gizmo. (Though I find the RJM unit very easy and quick to use.)

The ability to program the EFX ME from my laptop via MIDI seems like a much faster way to get my tones dialed in. However, the fact that the EFX MK III was a Pro grade model makes me wonder if it may be a better sounding unit. I know that it has a mute/tuner switch out front. How difficult is the MK III to program quickly? How difficult is it to send multiple MIDI CC messages?

I am getting ready to have custom pedalboard built, and I want to make sure that I have the best option on the board. I would love to here any thoughts and experiences. Thank you!
Can this control amps just like the mini amp gizmo?

CarlGuitarist

Why wouldn’t the ME be able to control the channel switching? I highky doubt there’s a difference in sound and transparency. I’m super happy with the ME

Trending Topics