Musicom Lab EFX MK IV w/fuzz pedals ?

mule train

Platinum Supporting Member
I am thinking of picking one of these up so I can use more of my pedals and keep the signal chain a little less cluttered. I want to stack my Fulltone Octafuzz, '69 and 70's fuzz pedals in one loop(but only one on at a time), I know they like to be first in the chain, but can I put them in one loop and not have , say the second pedal in line suffer or act wonky? Any ideas would help before I make the plunge

Last edited:

String6

I think the only issue you can have if they are first, is if you use the buffer in the unit (before the fuzz pedals).
If you still want to use the buffer, you can put them in loop 7, and start your chain from "IN B", then go from the OUT B-L back to BUF IN A for the rest of the loops.

Classic09

I think the only issue you can have if they are first, is if you use the buffer in the unit (before the fuzz pedals).
If you still want to use the buffer, you can put them in loop 7, and start your chain from "IN B", then go from the OUT B-L back to BUF IN A for the rest of the loops.
I started using a fuzz either the MKIII+ which I have 4 loops up front and 4 loops in the amps FX loop. This means the fuzz has to go pre-musicomlab if I want to use the buffer functionality without impacting the fuzz.

An update the Musicomlab team could make is for the buffer to be active from after loop 1. That way fuzz pedals could still be used and activated by the unit.

Steven

That's a good idea even though I t does seem like a waste of a loop.
Yes it is but since you cant program the internal buffer on the Musicom it might be the best way to incorporate a picky fuzz. I'm probably going to set up my board that way myself using my Sunday Driver as buffer instead of the internal buffer.

mule train

Platinum Supporting Member
Would the Boss ES-8 have any advantage ...? I'm trying to figure which way to go for a purchase and what would work for me. I just want to be able to get most of my pedals on my board and be able to use the picky ones when I want and not be affected by their placement. I'll probably stack some drives in a loop so I can get a few on board to stretch the loops and want to do the same with the fuzz pedals.

Trending Topics