• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Musicomlab mkIV+ Mobius pre/post help

casus

I'm in the process of building a new pedalboard. I'm just waiting for the Musicomlab to arrive, and I'm good to go.
I'll be using the three big Strymons (+ other pedals).
I want to use ste Mobius in pre/post mode. So it will be going in my amps fx loop (Bogner XTC) and before my drive pedals.
I'm planning to leave the other strymons out of the Musicom loops and just control (bypass/activate) them by midi.
Can I do the same thing with the Mobius (post part of it) - but still have the pre part of it running through a loop on the Musicomlab?
Sorry if I'm not explaining this in the most understandable manner.

jwny72

Yeah, you can do what you're describing. The Left pair of in/outs on the Mobius will go in the Musicomlab loop of your choosing. The Right pair will go in your amp's effects loop. Should work a treat.

Shakkal

You can definitely do it, just as described above, it's just more things to remember when programming: turn the Mobius on/off with a CC and send a PC for presets when running on the FX loop, and do all that plus turn the Musicomlab loop on when using it pre dirt.

Be careful of ground loops, you might (or not) need to lift the ground of the cable coming back from the Mobius on the amp's FX loop.

Classic09

The only thing I'd question is how you're triggering the Strymons on/off function if they're not in the loop. The midi message has to be assigned to a function switch (FS) or control switch (CS) so if you're already using all the FS and CS's for other specific tasks (Boost or channel changes) you may need to consider how the on/off functions will be triggered.

Someone who knows a lot more than I do may be able to help (both of us) but the above is my understanding.

casus

Had the mkIII+ some years ago. Awesome unit! Since I haven't been messing with midi in this realm I'm getting the same kind of nerves I had before getting the mkIII+. It was a breeze learning though, I'm sure this one will be too. Tho a slightly more complex rig :)

Trending Topics