• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

MusicPower?

guitarrhinoceros

Has anyone purchased amps from them before? I was contemplating buy a Mesa from them. They actually have some great customized Mesa's as well. What do you think, sketchy dealer?

macmeda

Silver Supporting Member
Music Power is actually "Guitar Trader"'s on line presence. Guitar Trader is a brick and mortar full service music shop thats been a fixture here in San Diego since the '70s. I bought my '77 Tele Deluxe there new. It is legit. Call the local (858) 565-8814 up and talk to Loren he's the man. You could always buy it and let me pick it up and play it for a week or two just to make sure its fine and then ship it on to you?

macmeda

Silver Supporting Member
Thats actually not completely true. The original owner of Guitar Trader sold the rights to the name, or gave it up, maybe someone else had it first?? I forget the details. The online Guitar Trader is in Cypress Ca, not San Diego. San Diego is where Music Power is, I think they still have Guitar Trader on the building. Confusing, yes. Actually,the owner originally had two San Diego Stores. The current location that was Guitar Trader and another location on El Cajon Blvd called Music Power.

Anyhow, Music Power (previously Guitar Trader) in San Diego is a great shop. I've been going there since the mid 80's.
As I said "Music Power " is the online presence of "Guitar Trader" which is the brick and mortar storefront. My receipt from the cord I bought yesterday says Guitar Trader on it. The guy who owned the store itself and sold it lives next to a friend of mine and doesn't run the online "Guitar Trader". You are correct it is not affiliated with any of the above but a third party. Confusing to say the least. Good shop and they will deal.

guitarrhinoceros

Music Power is actually "Guitar Trader"'s on line presence. Guitar Trader is a brick and mortar full service music shop thats been a fixture here in San Diego since the '70s. I bought my '77 Tele Deluxe there new. It is legit. Call the local (858) 565-8814 up and talk to Loren he's the man. You could always buy it and let me pick it up and play it for a week or two just to make sure its fine and then ship it on to you?
Hey, thanks for the advice and the offer! That is pretty darn nice of you. They have a pretty sweet looking Royal Atlantic online that I am interesting in purchasing.

Trending Topics