• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Sold MUST GO! Gibson Les Paul CC#30 Gabby/ Appraisal Burst

mcgtola

Will be sold tomorrow if no offers here...

2014 Gibson Les Paul CC# 30 Gabby / Appraisal Burst
Comes lightly factory aged
Great condition with no play wear.
All ohsc and case candy included
I need some holiday money

• Body: Hand selected distinctly figured maple top and lightweight, one-piece mahogany body, lightly hand-aged to match the original.
    • Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck with a '59 profile taken from scans of the original, with one-piece rosewood fingerboard with cellulose inlays.
    • Finish: Strong cherry "Appraisal Burst" top, aniline dye back and sides.
    • Electronics: Custom Buckers with Alnico III magnets to re-create the original PAFs. Individual volume and tone controls with "bumble bee" capacitors and a three-way switch.
    • Hardware: Period correct Tune-o-matic bridge, lightweight aluminum tailpiece, and reissue Kluson™ tuners, all in aged nickel.
    • Plastics: Aged vintage correct pickguard, binding, pickup rings, and gold top-hat knobs.
    • Accessories: Hardshell case with trifold Certificate of Authenticity.
$4950 plus shipping
Trades for vintage Gibson Marshall or fender

Last edited:

SR65LE#31

I was curious too, so I did some searching. Here's what I learned about CC#30, from the web (www.burst-videobase.com):

"The story of this guitar is long but in short it had been owned by the same man from 1959 to 2008 and was in essentially as new quality. The finish is even intact which normally would have faded off in this length of time. The original owner originally went to Gibson themselves to try and appraise the value of this almost mythical guitar. As Gibson are not in that business they let known collector and vintage guitar expert Vic DaPra handle the valuation of this spectacular instrument. Since then the original owner has sold the guitar but not before passing it on to Gibson for them to do their magic. The Gibson Custom shop then looked to make 'Gabby' or the 'Gibson Appraisal Burst' guitar part of the Collectors Choice line."

mcgtola

What the hell is an appraisal burst????
Haha! Know your Bursts! It's just another CC Gibson put out. Basically as nice an R9 as you can own... This one doesn't resell for as much because it's not as well known.
But retailed for just as much as the others... $9000

Top Bottom