Must have been a full moon over ebay yesterday

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Tonelover, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Tonelover

Tonelover Member

Yesterday day I get two return requests. I mean come, on, really? The nerve of some people just never ceases to amaze me.

1. Mad Professor 1 pedal brand new in box
    Reason: "I don't need it anymore"

2. Ernie Ball bass strings new in sealed packaging:
    Reason: "Hello! I realized I ordered the wrong strings and wanted to know if I could return them back in a baggy because I accidentally threw away the original packaging and get a refund?"

2. AustinIsPresent

AustinIsPresent Member

Uh, no? Especially to the second one. Opened product you can't sell anymore?! Ugh!

3. Seth L

Seth L Silver Supporting Member

1. Neither do I, that's why I sold it. 2. Hell no.

4. Dr. Sleepy

Dr. Sleepy Member

It actually was a full moon over ebay last night.

5. jonnytexas

jonnytexas Supporting Member

Sometimes it makes you wonder what is in store for our species. Can I return them with no packaging...WTF? I can't believe they even have the nerve to ask.

6. Tonelover

Tonelover Member

If the guy with the pedal hadn't approached me with such a lame reason I would have just said fine, whatever, but pay return postage. My assumption is that he didn't like it but I had to tell him that my normal return policy applies if the item doesn't work or is not as described. Not liking something is not a reason for me to have to accept it back, losing out on shipping both ways and having something I can't sell as new any more. He wasn't happy but accepted a 20% restocking fee.

7. studflower

studflower Member

I avoid selling on eBay unless absolutely necessary because of people like this. Good thing you weren't dealing with an axe or something more expensive...

8. enharmonic

enharmonic Old Growth Gold Supporting Member

I'm not a store. I sell as-is and all sales are final. I had a lady try to return curtains from my old house saying that they were two different curtains. I had photos of them as well as the original packaging. I photographed the packing process, because that's what I did in those days, and that ultimately saved me when she filed a dispute with eBay.

After they sided with me, she tried to leave me negative feedback. I got eBay to remove it, and they ultimately ended up blocking the dingbat who kept beating the dead horse, but it was a 3 month ordeal that really gave me pause when considering future purchases / sales on eBay.

Used to be a good thing, but now there are a disproportionate amount of dip***** in the sandbox, so I've resorted to stating that I will only do business with folks who have a feedback score greater than 50, and must be members for more than 12 months. I don't even mess with folks who can't otherwise demonstrate to me that they're not fruit loops.

9. moosewayne

moosewayne Member

Witness the Age of Entitlement.

10. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

I had some jackass try to scam me a while back. I sold an radio alarm clock with nature sounds. Guy said one of the speakers didnt work. I said to return item and i would refund. Guy emails me back and says forget it, he only wanted it for the nature sounds and will just keep it. I wonder how many people try to do this hoping the seller will just say keep it and ill refund you anyways. Its not worth the hassle.

Ebay has the stupidest return policy too if the buyer is not satisfied.

11. 65DuoSonic

65DuoSonic Member

ebay is just :messedup lately, at least in my experience.

12. Doctor Morbius

Doctor Morbius Member

You sold the items so now it's their problem. As long as the items were as described in your writeup, you owe them nothing.

What a couple of idiots though. Seems like the idiot factory has been in full production mode the last decade or so.

13. Tonelover

Tonelover Member

Here's the response from the guy with the strings after I informed him that I can not accept them back once they are opened and don't have the packaging. Truly unbelievable.

[FONT=&quot]Well it would have been nice if you told me that before but whatever!

[/FONT]

14. Doctor Morbius

Doctor Morbius Member

What an idiot. Someone that stupid should never be allowed to breed. Get those idiot genes out of the gene pool pronto!

15. Auriemma

Auriemma Member

Tell the guy who bought the strings... Go try returning and open pack of strings at GC or SA.

They won't, why should you?

16. Turi

Turi Member

If you're a shop - here in Aus you are legally obliged to accept items back even without original packaging lol.

Consumer law 101 lol.

Are you really not going to help the poor guy out just because he doesn't have the original packaging?
    That's just sad.

EDIT: To be totally honest, you still wouldn't HAVE to accept the guys return - unless there's something faulty.. which I doubt there is.. you'd still legally get away refusing his return here. But come on. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
  17. Faded

Faded Member

Youre kidding right?

18. Ampedusa

Ampedusa Member

I think we just found the string guy.:facepalm:nuts

19. Turi

Turi Member

No, but I mean, come on lol. It's just some strings. No biggie.
    No.

20. MrAstro

MrAstro Member

There should be a better system to protect sellers on eBay from people like that.

I can see that and I'm not even a seller.