Mustang GT Beta Firmware

riffy

I have started testing beta firmware for the Mustang GT series. I got it all set up last night.
I somehow lost two hours just playing with one amp that is in the new firmware. I got lost again earlier today for almost 2 hours again. I was playing at volume and all I can say is WOW! It is really good. I mean really good!

I have a gig tonight and I am using the GT for it. The bar fits about 300 people and we expect it to be pretty packed, I am going out of the XLRs into the PA and going to use the GT100 set up behind me for a stage monitor, using all it's modeling. I will take a small pedalboard with me. That is just as a woobie for me....LOL

I really think everyone will like this 2.0 release!

dazco

Is it the new amp model you like so much or are the older models like the bassman and such improved? What particular model is it you were using that u liked so much?

Elantric

I have started testing beta firmware for the Mustang GT series. I got it all set up last night.
I somehow lost two hours just playing with one amp that is in the new firmware. I got lost again earlier today for almost 2 hours again. I was playing at volume and all I can say is WOW! It is really good. I mean really good!

I have a gig tonight and I am using the GT for it. The bar fits about 300 people and we expect it to be pretty packed, I am going out of the XLRs into the PA and going to use the GT100 set up behind me for a stage monitor, using all it's modeling. I will take a small pedalboard with me. That is just as a woobie for me....LOL

I really think everyone will like this 2.0 release!
Is the Beta 2.0 firmware available for download?

https://forums.fender.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=110194&sid=c83533157cae55e9fadd76bf8abbb6e1

Last edited:

riffy

Is it the new amp model you like so much or are the older models like the bassman and such improved? What particular model is it you were using that u liked so much?

It was more than one model. And they are new... That is about all I can really say at this point. I will say the gig was awesome. As I ffigured, they place was packed. Eveyone seemed to have a great time Lots of drinks were poured and much money was spent! The sound was great too!

Electric I

Hmm... may give the GT line a second look. There wasn't a lot of positivity on these amps at launch & have gone almost unnoticed around here. Maybe 2.0 will be the GT's redemption.

Please keep us posted on any updates.

riffy

I will do. To be honest, there was only one complaint that I had had. After one update, it took so long to turn the parameters. It was so slow and, "precise" it took forever to get to where you wanted with some effects. That was fixed less than a week later it seems to me. I have really enjoyed the amp all along though!

jlagrassa

Silver Supporting Member
I'm definitely interested in the GT100 again, I liked it when I had one last year but it had bugs that I dint care for at the time so hopefully they have a winner this time.

riffy

I'm definitely interested in the GT100 again, I liked it when I had one last year but it had bugs that I dint care for at the time so hopefully they have a winner this time.

I haven't run into one (a bug) yet in the new beta. Heres to hoping I won't, but I am trying to break it...lol

jlagrassa

Silver Supporting Member
I have to be absolutely honest. I just don't know. I do know it sounds as good as it ever did, and I dig that amp model as well!

Thanks for all your input, I'm sure there will be quite a few people that would try it again if the Issues are finally gone!

ltkojak

If Fender decides to launch a Mustang GT Floor, simply reproducing the format and features of the original M Floor, but with the added feature to load and manage 3rd party IRs, I'd be all over like flies to honey.

The original Mustang Floor was a winning product in every aspect, nevertheless, Fender never bothered to update it to v. 2.0, and simply discontinued it. I'm sure that such an updated product would give Boss, Line6 and several others a round for its money and then some.

Unfortunately, it seems that it's already too late: in August the Mooer GT300 will be out, which I predict it'll reign on that segment due to price and features; and most probably it'll turn to be the indisputed bang-for-the-buck king of the market. And it seems that it doesn't even sound half bad either...

dazco

I am sorry, I don't know the answer to this either. I do know that is an awesome price as is the GT100 now!
I have to be absolutely honest. I just don't know. I do know it sounds as good as it ever did, and I dig that amp model as well!
Damn, thats unfortunate for me, as my issue with it is the overall tone quality just doesn't sound near as good to me as my artist. You had me thinking they might have improved the quailty of the tone. So If u aren't sure then it's obviously not been improved much if at all, other then new models u like and thats of no interest to me. So I guess maybe i'll just go ahead with the sale rather then wait for the update, and if it doesn't sell by then i'll try it. But unless the overall amp's general tone quality is improved a lot which isn't likely if you can't say, then it'll never sound as good as my artist to me. I DO prefer the fender's TYPE of sound, IE: more fender than marshall. I love marshalls but if i have one amp i would prefer it be more like the mustang in amp "character", which is why i thought i'd hang onto it at least as long as it takes for the 2.0 firmware to arrive. But my #1 thing in importance is tone that feels and sounds like a tube amp and feels and reacts dynamically with good natural tonal balance, regardless of what amp brand it might sound like. The artist does all that better to me, in some aspects far better. So this just sounds like the mustang is the same amp with more models. The GT was a great amp for me in some ways, but the tone quality had me constantly turning knobs to try and be completely satisfied with my tone and it the tone quality hasn't improved a lot i;d just be tweaking endlessly again.

riffy

Daz, you should really wait and give it a try. I can't say too much, but you may be really surprised.

dazco

But you said the basic tone character is not improved, or that you didn't notice if it was, right? Thats what drove me away from it. Well, that and a bug that's remained thru all updates.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom