Mustang Sally..

Hey... you better slow your mustang down there, partner.

You'll get halfway through it, the next time you play, and realize why you dropped it from your set.

It's because it's a tired song, right up there with Louie Louie, and it attracts the pudgy PBR-moms straight on to the dancefloor, aka, on to your stage and spilling their skunky beer all over your Big Sky pedal.

Last edited:
I was gonna suggest my new country band do it. Its a dance floor filler for sure.

Its not tired at all. Its a fantastic song.
I heard Mickey Gulley’s Stand By Me this morning and it made me think about country music for awhile….. I think it’s in Urban Cowboy, I always thought building up a “tribute band” around that movie would be cool!!!

Hey... you better slow your mustang down there, partner.

You'll get halfway through it, the next time you play, and realize why you dropped it from your set.

It's because it's a tired song, right up there with Louie Louie, and it attracts the pudgy PBR-moms straight on to the dancefloor, aka, on to your stage and spilling their skunky beer all over your Big Sky pedal.
So you choose songs pudgy moms explicitly CAN'T dance to? You cover King Crimson and Captain Beefheart when playing weddings? Goodness.

So you choose songs pudgy moms explicitly CAN'T dance to? You cover King Crimson and Captain Beefheart when playing weddings? Goodness.

Hahaha. Keep in mind that we're only discussing one song, not songs, as you imagined in your post. The pudgy pbr-moms dancing on the stage and spilling beer all over the OP's Big Sky pedal is only the by-product of the song Mustang Sally, the tired song (in my opinion) that is the subject of this thread. ;)

We have a band that though we play covers of all kinds of.(now!) pretty old music- we are all rooted in our own ways, to blues & R&B- and play it well...

So when we play " Mustang Sally " ( just a trio band/I sing), I just pretend it's our song, and we go for it; open it up, get a little 'loose-tight' - rhythmically, and jam.

Mustang Sally was a high point in our show when I played in a country band. Our charismatic front man would recruit the best babes to be the mustang sally girls. There'd be many of them semi-circled around mics to belt out the ride sally ride lines. We even had a stop where they would show their stuff acapella. Some groups of them were kinda rough, and some were pretty good singers. A good time was always had by all.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom