Mustang users I need some help please

Pastafarian

Love both my Mfloor and MIII V2 but for the life of me I can't get any useable flanger or phaser tones out of either. I've scoured the Fender forums and downloaded just about every patch I could find that had modulations in it to no avail. Damn I wish the flanger and phaser were useable. Right now I use a Phase 90 in the insert loop to quell my need for useable modulations but really trying hard to get my grab n go rig gown to one compact unit. The biggest reason I like multi pedals is the ability to reduce floor clutter in front of me.

The sounds I am going for are the pre solo riff in Are You Gonna Go My Way and Eddie's phaser and flanger sounds on pretty much any song he uses them but especially the intro to Atomic Punk. I'm hoping it's just user error because I've never really bothered til recently to use modulations other than chorus.

Any tips are much appreciated.

JCW308

Silver Supporting Member
Never had a problem with either on my MIII v2. You say you've downloaded a bunch of patches but have you tried creating a patch of you own from a clean slate?

MusicLaw

Double Platinum Member
Press the Data Wheel a few times, and the Mustang's LCD will display the position of FX Block in the Signal Chain.

Only by using the external software (Fender FUSE or Android REMUDA) is it possible to reorder Signal Chain Elements. If you have an Android Smartphone or Tablet that supports USB OTG, REMUDA allows this to be done easily by Drag and Drop. REMUDA also has lots of features Fuse lacks!

Pastafarian

If it is, move it to PRE. For me, moving to POST made a really nice difference!
Yup that was it! Moving it to pre made it sound useable for me after some small tweaks to the depth and rate knobs. Thanks a ton for the help. I have had this thing awhile and it goes to prove you can always learn or be reminded of the different options. I'm glad both the flanger and phaser are usable now.

Trending Topics