Mute Switch Help!

firstlightxo

im looking for a mute switch and here's what I'd like, basically a combo of the JHS mute switch and stutter switch. I'd prefer it to not need power so led is not important however I'd like for it to stay muted once tapped rather than have to hold it down to mute. Does this exist?

olgluefoot

Look for a used Modtone Stutterkill (warning, it is the ugliest pedal I have ever seen). Seems to be exactly what you want. Also, looks for small independent builders on ebay or etsy. This is a super simple pedal to build.

stinkfoot

You could build one for like $12 in parts tops.
^ yup. A box, two jacks and a simple SPST (or SPDT) latching switch, which is wired to short out the output jack. Or you could get a simple passive A/B box (such as the EHX Switchblade) and leave one of the outputs empty. If it is wired right, it should short the currently unused output to ground (muting it).

Another option is to buy a pedal tuner - that will do the muting for you, and you can use it for tuning :)

Clark GriswoId

Looks Great. Little Full, Lotta Sap.
Silver Supporting Member
I should build one of these- momentary- for a stutter....if only i could make it latching / unlatching

firstlightxo

^ yup. A box, two jacks and a simple SPST (or SPDT) latching switch, which is wired to short out the output jack. Or you could get a simple passive A/B box (such as the EHX Switchblade) and leave one of the outputs empty. If it is wired right, it should short the currently unused output to ground (muting it).

Another option is to buy a pedal tuner - that will do the muting for you, and you can use it for tuning :)
well, I have a boss tuner 3 but I want to run in bypass and have the mug switch for tuning so I can leave it on all the time

DaveKS

Yep really not much to it if you think about it. One momentary normally open switch and one latching.

smp-10241-e1421559850531.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom