• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

mutron III clones?

orogeny

i have the tru-tron and it is definitely my favorite
the qtron+ XO is a darn fine choice and is on my regular board

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Gold Supporting Member
Word from the Grateful Dead universe is that the TruTron3X nails it. Everything else is "close."

Myself, after trying several pedals that I ended up selling, I'm sticking with my Line 6 M13 Tron Up digital model. Here's a sound sample. I've since adjusted the settings to be even more true Mutron-ish (particularly the decay - this is what makes or breaks a MuTron copy IMO) but this gives you an idea of what's possible with it.

https://soundcloud.com/gratefuljon/track-4-wav-clip

off2kamp

Gotta say that didn't really do it for me on the Line 6 at all.

I've settled on a 3 Leaf Proton. Had a Prometheus DLX which was absolutely amazing. I have never heard such a killer analog filter.

I couldn't get there with the Mobius at all. It was frustrating.

GBlekas

When I think of the M-t3 I do think of Jerry Garcia as the shinning example of how to use that pedal and I don't consider myself a dead head.

That being said I appreciate the input and need this pedal for a bass player.
the guy wants to replace his original as it isn't reliable for the road any more.
I just thought to mention that as it may be important?

Any thoughts on the Tru-Tron3?

Thanks again!

orogeny

having a weird time viewing this thread. when i go to look through the other threads this only shows three posts. when i search back through my own posts, i find all of my own and more - i think this would make nine.

anyway - george. send me a PM if you can read this post, eh?

Pablomago

Maxon AF-9
+1

The original AF-9 was licensed from MuTron. It runs on 9V rather then 18V. A friend has an origianl MuTron and I've put them side by side. The only audible difference was that the Maxon cut off the note slightly faster then the MuTron.

I own an original AF-9, never tried current production.

Trending Topics