• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

MVP vs tone suck mods

Webizul

Not sure if this has been asked before (didn't have any luck searching).

How does the Ernie Ball MVP compare to the different tone suck mods that are out there for the EBVPjr?

I've been through quite a few different volume pedals now and just like the feel of the VPjr the best. Debating the MVP or getting one of the mods (I will be using the tuner out as a splitter).

coltonius

Señor Member
The MVP is cool because it does so much more than resolve the tone suck: it's a 20dB (I think?) boost, and it allows you to set the minimum heel volume to boot. The only downside, I guess, is that you can't turn it off. Thru Tone, JHS, and T1M can install a switch if you go that route.

jordane93

Just don't use the tuner out or put a buffer before the VP junior. No need to spend a lot of money on a mod. The tone suck is blown way out of proportion

Webizul

Just don't use the tuner out or put a buffer before the VP junior. No need to spend a lot of money on a mod. The tone suck is blown way out of proportion
Basically, I'm trying to use it as a splitter. I currently have a buffer splitter before my volume pedal, but want to combine the two to save space. So the question is which would work better or are they equal.

coltonius

Señor Member
As a splitter where you fade one signal in and out? I'd recommend the cheapest option you have for an active VP.. I agree with @jordane93 on the tonal difference though; I only noticed when running a fuzz after the VP Jr. with the buffer on. Maybe I'm just used to the "tone suck"? :dunno

Trending Topics