Mxaon AD-999 vs. Carbon Copy

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jmp, Oct 24, 2008.

1. jmp

jmp Supporting Member

For those who have spent quality time with both, how would you compare the tone? If you could only have one analog delay and had to chose between these two which would you go with?

2. demiruyar

demiruyar Member

AD-999 all the way.....

3. jmp

jmp Supporting Member

What was it you preferred about it over the CC?

I've owned the AD999 before, so I know what it's about. Just wondering how the CC matches up? I like the fact that it can run on a battery for those times when I might want to leave the Pedal Power 2 at home. I'm not sure if I would really use more than the 600ms that the CC offers, but I suppose it's nice to have available. The CC also costs substantially less, which is probably its most attractive feature at the moment.

4. denver.p

denver.p Member

I can't speak about the Maxon, but I really like my CC. When I was comparing all the delays in this price range, it seemed to come out on top. It has a really warm feedback, and oscillates like crazy when pushed. Plus, it has the MOD button. When you turn up the internal trim pot on it, it can get quite chorusy. At a reasonable level, it is sooooo lush. I am really happy with my choice, and esspecially with the price. Some complain that it isn't true bypass, but it doesn't really suck a noticable amount of tone. I may see if I can make mine TB, but we'll see. I hope this helps...

5. Windup 43

Windup 43 Supporting Member

The CC is very nice for the $$, but the AD999 is in another sonic league- more bouncy/percussive repeats than the CC and more 3D sounding. I also found the 999 to be much quieter and I love the fact that it doesn't color my tone at all.