MXR 108 Mini Fuzz

AwakentheDawn

It is a straight up FF clone, actually. There are basically three circuits on a single pcb - the Fuzz Face itself (bottom right corner), a kind of millenium style bypass (right above the true bypass dpdt switch) and the buffer (top). The trimmers are used to bias both the BC108 transistors as well as feedback resistance. The values used for the fuzz itself are not the same used in the JH-F1 but close.

Thats awesome information, did you help design it?

Anyone had a look inside the mini pedal? Does it have the bias adjustment pots too?

What would adjusting each do to the tone (new FF user here, so on steep learning curve!!)?

andtrea

Apart from the buffer switch and battery option ... is it basically the blue mini fuzz face pedal?

GenoVox

Gold Supporting Member
No, its a mini version of the original 108 Fuzz... (which also had the buffer switch)

I'm sure there's plenty of similarity between them all though – basically all Fuzz Face variations

Daka3

Yeah, necro, but I just picked up this little rascal, and it really is all that. I love my big landmine JHF1, but this little bugger does me just as good.

Bonus points for the small footprint and the switchable buffer, which does indeed seem to be a really usefull tool for brightening and tightening things up. Leave it off, and you get your classic velcro splatter at full knob position.

Props to the MXR/Dunlop crew for making it really easy to bring the fuzz to your board.

Supercubziggy

Has anyone tried this with a wireless? it has a buffer so Im curious about the possibility. Every fuzz hates my Shure GLXD. Part of the animal I guess...

Hoodster

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone still digging this pedal? Seems like a no brainer if it really is the same circuit as the bigger brothers.

bluesymetal

Another bump. Anyone use this with hum buckers going into a hot JCM 800? Trying to get some big wall of sound stoner, acid rock and doom tones for a couple of my bands songs.

InkStained

I don't have a JCM 800, hot or otherwise, but I've had the full-size MXR Classic 108 Fuzz for years.

Generally, I tend to think fuzz is best "summoned" with single coils, but humbuckers work fine. A note of caution: The only 'buckers I have are PAF types ...

Top Bottom