MXR 6-band EQ suggestions?

Bobby Wasabi

I bought the MXR 6-band EQ to be the last pedal in the effects loop as a boost for solos. I'm very happy with it so far, it's working just like I thought it would. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice to give on good settings for this purpose. I'm currently boosting the two middle sliders (400K and 800K) slightly to add some mids (and a bit of volume) to cut through.

Also would like to know if anyone has any alternate settings that are interesting. For example, a setting for clean funk.

XISTH

I accentuate the high highs and the low lows and supress the mid ranges for a clean funky sound. Add a Phase 90 or equivalent, and maybe an envelope filter, and you're in funk heaven!

Bobby Wasabi

Thanks, I tried your settings and it works good.

I should have called this thread "Using EQ in effects loop as a boost". Does no one use an EQ pedal in their effects loop as a lead boost? I'd sure like to hear what settings you have experimented with and what works live and what does not. For example, can one just slightly boost all the frequencies for a volume boost without changing the tone? Does boosting just the mids make the lead tone more nasally?

Trending Topics