MXR '74 Phase 90 RI vs Retro-sonic Phaser

Teletone65

The custom shop 74 hardwired RI vs Retro-sonic Phaser. Any thoughts on this comparison? Is one more organic than the other? Are they basically the same sound? Which do you prefer and why, concerning the tone.
Thank You.

waylay00

Go with the 74 handwired RI if you can get one. I just got mine yesterday and it's incredible..iidentical to the real vintage ones I've tried.

I recommend PRMusicSupply, as they can mod it for true bypass, LED, and 9v power jack for only $60 more. (Well worth it)

JVania

Go with the 74 handwired RI if you can get one. I just got mine yesterday and it's incredible..iidentical to the real vintage ones I've tried.

I recommend PRMusicSupply, as they can mod it for true bypass, LED, and 9v power jack for only $60 more. (Well worth it)
+1 Go PRMusicSuplly! My wife got me one w/ "full boat" mods for our five year anniversary...talk about a keeper :dude

Teletone65

I appreciate the feedback fellows. Have any of you tried a Retro-sonic Phaser. I am curious if they are the same tonally.
Thank You.

WienerDog

Silver Supporting Member
I appreciate the feedback fellows. Have any of you tried a Retro-sonic Phaser. I am curious if they are the same tonally.
Thank You.
I have, and actually found them to be noticeably different. The MXR had a much smoother and higher sweep.

jimfog

Hey Croakus,

If I send a '74 Phase 90 RI I already own in, what it is the turnaround time on the mod?

Cost for just AC and TB mods?

Thanks!

- Jim

datguytim

Silver Supporting Member
+1 for the handwired '74 MXR - I got mine from PRMusicSupply also - best phaser I've ever owned (I've owned many since '79)!

BluesHarp

I just ordered the 74 pedal with full boat mod!!! Im jazzed! To me it was either this one or the maxon ph-350. SIZE is a bad reason to choose a pedal, but Im outa room!

Anybody compare these two?

psychodave

I have to say that my original 74/75 Script phase 90 sounds killer and the last thing I would want is true bypass on it. It ooozes tone and the last thing I would want to do is loose that. Do the new ones add to the sound when "off"?

BluesHarp

Why would having true bypass adversly effect the tone???

Does the full boat mod TB cause any loss of tone to the pedal?

I have to say that my original 74/75 Script phase 90 sounds killer and the last thing I would want is true bypass on it. It ooozes tone and the last thing I would want to do is loose that. Do the new ones add to the sound when "off"?

Trending Topics