MXR distortion + help ?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Evolon, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Evolon

Evolon Member

Heya so i just picked this stompbox up for $50 NZD.I cannot find another one exactly like it anywhere.Dunno if its rare or was such i miserable failure they didnt make them anymore.anywho can someone please update me on it? thanks.Add my youtube too =D http://www.youtube.com/user/CJZDAMAN32
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Evolon

Evolon Member

The numbers on the pots are : 1378121 , 1378119
    And on the chip : 104 3001 104

Thanks

3. jaycee

jaycee Member

Update you on what? They've been around for a long time. I have one. I loved it when i was younger but i recently dug it out and i'm going to re-bury it with my other junk.

4. russiancrowe

russiancrowe Member

They've been around forever. I bought mine in '75 and I still use it to this day. They're still sold too.

5. MKB

MKB Silver Supporting Member

I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like a reissue, so it may have limited vintage value. In any case, plug a LP with a high output pickup into this, and this into a 4 hole Marshall, and you'll have the hard rock sound of the seventies. Good stuff!!

6. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Member

It is definitely a reissue. If you had a script logo or a block logo without the LED it would be worth a little money. Nevertheless, the new reissue actually sounds a little better than the pre LED block logo ( though not quite as nice as the hand-wired script logo). I have both.

This is my ( as well as Randy Rhoads) favorite distortion pedal ever. It sounds great in front of a Marshall or in front of the clean channel of my 61' Fender brown deluxe.

7. Evolon

Evolon Member

I have not seen any others like it thought.to my research it was made in 81' and that was when the led first came into manufacturing Dunlop discontinued manufacturing MXR D+ cos they moved on for other reissues
    Its got a 1/4 DC input 0.o

8. shg

shg Senior Member

Um, it's one of the most common and well-known distortion pedals in the world.

9. Evolon

Evolon Member

Im not a total numnut.I mean i havent seen one exactly like this.

10. speakerjones

speakerjones Member

I have a '78 block logo. Had it modded by Analog Man for true bypass, LED and Boss style DC jack. Much more useful to me now. It's a one trick pony, but what a cool trick. It was such a common pedal, that I don't think they're worth much as a collectible, if that's what you're getting at. The script logo ones are probably worth a little.

11. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Larry Carlton used these in front of his Mesa's quite a bit ...
    A fact folk often overlook when trying to figure out how he dialed in some of his early 335 tones...
    This detail comes directly from LC himself ...

12. Pax

Pax Gold Supporting Member

No need to bust on the newbie. He's just looking for some help. Mind your TGP manners.

13. MKB

MKB Silver Supporting Member