MXR Duke of Tone

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
Posts reported, removed, Infraction issued. Folks, Rule 3 really isn’t that tough to remember. Thanks.

Gary Ladd

pןɹoʍ ןnɟɹǝpuoʍ ɐ ʇɐɥʍ
Silver Supporting Member
Perhaps petty, but I wish they didn’t limit these - Duke of Tone, MXR Timmy, even the Sugar Drive (Klon) - to mini enclosures.
Also for the price mentioned it should be thru-hole with full size components, IMHO.

When I see mass-produced mini SMD pedsters over $100 I always :rolleyes2:

Gasman2021

What’s with the mini pedal hate on this thread btw? Other than repairability which I know Mike has historically prioritised, I don’t really see a downside to a smaller enclosure.

Are people worried about needing to buy more pedals when they can fit more on their boards?
They are targeting children with their smaller feet, and it’s disgusting. We need pedals for big fat people. Who supports them?

jrockbridge

What’s with the mini pedal hate on this thread btw? Other than repairability which I know Mike has historically prioritised, I don’t really see a downside to a smaller enclosure.

Are people worried about needing to buy more pedals when they can fit more on their boards?
Ever since Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the Umpa Lumpas have been taking over the world.

Remember the words of Randy Newman….

Short people got no reason
To live
They got little hands
And little eyes
And they walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet
Well, I don't want no short people
Don't want no short people
'Round here
Short people are just the same
As you and I
(A fool such as I)
All men are brothers
Until the day they die
(It's a wonderful world)
Short people got nobody
Short people got nobody
Short people got nobody
To love
They got little baby legs
And they stand so low
You got to pick 'em up
Just to say hello
They got little cars
That got beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin' peep, peep, peep
They got grubby little fingers
And dirty little minds
They're gonna get you every time
Well, I don't want no short people
'Round here

jessemhopkins

im hoping to get mine this year yet but we'll see. When did you get on the list? im somewhere around june 2018...
I got on December 27, 2017. I entered June 15, 2018 for you. They have 187 service days to go before you, and they are pacing at an average of 0.35 service days per day (that fluctuates a lot) so by my calculations, you have 531 actual calendar days to go. Of course, there are unknown factors that could cause their pace to slow, particularly if the rate of new members added to the list increases, so it could potentially be even longer.

Edit: At this point, it seems all but guaranteed that anyone joining the list today will not get a KOT. I just ran the numbers, and at the current pace it would take 13 years to reach the top of the list. The way Mike talks about the availability of the parts, it strikes me as unlikely that there are enough left, particularly the diodes and caps he seems to prefer.

Take that with a grain of salt, I have no actual knowledge of what is taking place inside Analog.land. I'm just going by the data that has been made available to the public and what I can extract from it.

Last edited:

Audiotrove

I’m feeling like the Kingslayer, or at least the Prince or Dukeslayer is the Baron of Buzz. Where’s my BoB pedal, dammit?

Top Bottom