MXR Duke of Tone

jdel77

I’m hoping that Analog Mike is on board with this.
I clicked the link, but all I got was this enterprising young fellow…

1656457316829.jpeg

SubApathy

Platinum Supporting Member
Ooo...through hole. Thank you Mike!

MXR’s Duke of Tone overdrive is the royal descendant of Analog Man’s Prince of Tone pedal, designed in collaboration with Analog Mike himself. The Duke of Tone’s through-hole components were personally tested by Analog Mike to meet the exacting specifications of the Analog Man original. The result is a rich, harmonic-laden dirt sound with maximum transparency. A standard 3-knob control layout will be familiar to any stompbox aficionado, but the Duke of Tone truly shines with its 3-way selector switch. Looking for a high-headroom boost to stack with another OD? How about an amazingly versatile overdrive tone? Full-on distortion? The Duke of Tone does it all while retaining each and every subtle nuance of your setup’s guitar and amplifier tone!

Frosted Glass

I wonder if the name Duke of Tone is simply recognition of a new micro form factor or whether Mike has revised the circuit a bit, so that it's not identical to a POT? I'm noting the MXR Timmy wasn't called something else...

R J

Looking forward to learning about the internal controls, if they exist and if not where they might be fixed

Ry@n

I’m hoping that Analog Mike is on board with this.
I clicked the link, but all I got was this enterprising young fellow…

View attachment 643053
This seems similar to how Paul C licensed the Timmy to MXR, so I would assume Mike is not only on board, but getting a cut.

I think the page may have gone live before it was supposed to, then pulled back down as soon as Sweetwater realized their mistake.

Blue-moon

Gold Supporting Member
Is Duke better than a prince? Maybe our British members can fill us in.

Edit...I found it.

Princes are born. Dukes are made.

So a Duke has to work for the title. A prince just gets the title. I think I would rather have a duke than a prince on my board. It has a stronger work ethic.

Now a king of tone...that is special.

Jim Marciano

Silver Supporting Member
I saw slightly conflicting reports on fb, one guy called his sweetwater rep and he said they would be for sale end of August and they may have a wait list

Another guy called or emailed a sweetwater rep and the rep said he just got the email and had not heard of it and the leak is potentially damaging to the relationship

Second one sounds like an over reaction both parties know how these things go and sweetwater has done waitlist or pre-sales at times with sold out behringer stuff so maybe that's what he means

cameron

Princes are born. Dukes are made.

So a Duke has to work for the title. A prince just gets the title. I think I would rather have a duke than a prince on my board. It has a stronger work ethic.

where'd you get that information? that's not the case. Duke is a hereditary title. people can be given the title Duke (the technical term is "created") in recognition of services to the realm, but many dukedoms are hereditary.

for example, Arthur Wellesley was created First Duke of Wellington in 1814, in honour of his illustrious military career. his descendant is the current 9th Duke of Wellington

Trending Topics

Top Bottom