MXR Dyna Comp Deluxe any reviews?

wiltel24

Not too many reviews for this MXR, but compressor hunting so curious for anyone out there who has one or tried one, how noisy the Dyna Comp Deluxe is? And how is it boosting overdrives?

MIM#1

Bump, it looks great with the clean blend! Kinda pricey though when you can score a script for less.

wiltel24

Bump, it looks great with the clean blend! Kinda pricey though when you can score a script for less.

Agree, looks cool. Price and features are comparable to the Keeley Comp Plus. But the MXR must not be selling much, only found one review on reverb.com.

4styx

I have one of those.Went through a compressor search, bought and sold a few and ended up keeping the Deluxe. With the internal trimpots you can really dial it in to be your favourite compressor. I bought it to stack with an OD and or Fuzz, worked great and quiet, as long as you're not cranking the sensitivity.
I'm going straight to the amp these days but will never sell that pedal.

wiltel24

I have one of those.Went through a compressor search, bought and sold a few and ended up keeping the Deluxe. With the internal trimpots you can really dial it in to be your favourite compressor. I bought it to stack with an OD and or Fuzz, worked great and quiet, as long as you're not cranking the sensitivity.
I'm going straight to the amp these days but will never sell that pedal.

It has internal trimpots? Hadn't heard that, how many are there and what do they adjust?

ry-guy

I don’t find it noisy at all. It has plenty of output for my needs. I switched to it coming from a mooer yellow which is a diamond clone. I really like it. It has its own sound but with the tone knob and clean blend, i think you can shape it to your liking. I think it’s super underrated to be honest.

4styx

It has internal trimpots? Hadn't heard that, how many are there and what do they adjust?
Sorry, I should of pulled out the pedal and looked at it. I have the Custom with internal trim pots. The Deluxe has those controls on the front. :hide

h-pr

I have the Custom Comp, which is almost the same. Low noise and very nice sound, colors the tone like all these Dyna/Ross compressors do, but in a good way. Very cooperative with overdrives, but not promarily a booster. Mine is a permanent fixture on my board.

monty

I like my Custom Comp a lot also. If you don't plan on a bunch of tweaking, it can be a good cheaper alternative to the deluxe.

windwalke9649

Love it. Im really biased towards Dyna Comps, it's the first Compressor i ever played.... Correctly. I had owned an Ibanez com compressor in the early 90s, but it was given to me,i had no idea what they were for and was 14-15 years old. Flash forward 5-6 years later i tried someone's Dyna with a Clean Strat into a Blackface set around 10:00 and that percussive "click" you get when you use pic just popped out of the amp and i was hooked.
I got this basically for just THAT tone, i use a different compressor for when i actually use it fit compression. I used the Dyna Comp more like a clean boost that you use close to unity to fatten or warm the sound more than to actually push the amp into more saturation. This doesn't mean you can't use it for compression, especially the Deluxe with the tone and mix controls, but i just keep this one set for that tone, and use the controls just so i compensate for different pickups.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom