• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Mxr dyna comp vs mxr super comp

Couod someone please explain the difference between these two. The super (black) is more expensive so one would assume it's better however it seems like everyone uses the dyna (red) one. Why?

zachman

Couod someone please explain the difference between these two. The super (black) is more expensive so one would assume it's better however it seems like everyone uses the dyna (red) one. Why?
The red one is 'THAT' sound, which those who use it prefer.

W

WarToad

I have friends who use the Super and say its way better, and friends who say its a noisy piece of junk. Just preference. For that matter why not use a Boss compressor or EH compressor. Personally I use a Vintage Dyna Comp Re-Issue.

storm319

The red DC is used more because it was the original and has been available longer. The Super Comp is a similar circuit but adds an attack knob for attack timing. The SC is much more versatile with this as you can get more subtle levels of compression and clarity compared to the DC. As for noise levels, they seem the same in my experience.

I personally think the DC sounds terrible because of the slow attack that takes all of the highend out of your signal. I have heard that the Custom Shop 74 reissue has alot more clarity.

guitarguy9597

I choose the SC over the DC solely because of the attack switch. I think it allows the SC some degree of expression while still providing sustain.

Trending Topics