MXR EVH Flanger?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by that_brianm_guy, Feb 25, 2006.

1. that_brianm_guy

that_brianm_guy Gold Supporting Member

2. gearboy

gearboy Member

Won't be out until April

3. that_brianm_guy

that_brianm_guy Gold Supporting Member

Doh!

<reminds self to reaf the small pint next time>

Thanks!

4. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

I have the M117-R that MXR is currently selling for $170.00 at M/F right now. It is a terribly wonderful, warm sounding flanger with terrific reviews over at Harmony Central. I hope it is not just a marketing thing. I donno,
    EVH graphics and another button specific to EVH...
    He currently uses the original issue of what now is the M117-R i am talking about.
    I guess we will all see soon.
    just for giggles, go read the reviews for the M117-R at H/C. What will they improve to justify the massive increase in purchase price?
    Just a thought...
    Peace, and best regards,
    Mass
    http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/MXR/M_117_Flanger__Jim_Dunlop_Re_Issue_-1.html

5. gpro34

gpro34 Member

The difference in the evh model besides the graphics will be it will have a preset (eddies favorite) setting as used for the song unchained.

6. scottywompas

scottywompas Member

I saw this at the dunlop booth at NAMM. The guy demonstrated the eddie setting. It sounds right but other than that it sounds like a flanger. I didn't bite on the phase 90 and I don't think I'd spend extra cash for this. get yourself one of the regular flangers, some spraypaint and some tape and you got it goin' on.

Scott:dude

7. brent

brent Member

it's only $20 more, if you had a use for the preset button that's not bad

8. Tone

Tone Member

If the preset button is on, does that switch all the knobs out of the circuit so they're not useable?

9. grego7

grego7 has left the building Gold Supporting Member

Ha ha...I bought the EVH phase 90, because I like the RI p90, but it seemed to distort if I was using any kind of gain with it, and I thought the Script button really seemed to sound better than the old RI R28 mod I had. And to have both sounds available was cool. But I hated the graphics. Granted I love old EVH stuff, but the paint was a bit...um...cheesy. So to be a total dork, I painted it black. That looked pretty cool, but then I painted it blue, and I didn't like it as much (I had a lot of free time on my hands I guess). So I took a cloth with a little denatured alcohol to it (was planning on getting it back to the original paint job) and I noticed that I could get the lettering to come through while leaving the blue. I thought that looked great! I went a bit too far on some parts and the black came through also, but to me it looks kind of "relic'd" - haha. Anyway, now it sounds cool, and looks cool (to me). I probably should have been practicing the guitar instead of screwing around with paint.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]