MXR EVH Phase 90

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by FloridaSam, Jun 17, 2008.

1. FloridaSam

FloridaSam Member

I was holding out for a '74 Script Reissue when a mint EVH Phase 90 fell into my lap for really cheap. I have to say other than the paint job I REALLY like this pedal. The Script/Block button reall makes a difference in the tone and compared to my Ibanez PT-9 this thing drips juicy phase goodness. Anyone else using the EVH model over the others? and how does it sound compared to the real vintage MXR?

2. FloridaSam

FloridaSam Member

3. highfidelity66

highfidelity66 Supporting Member

I own the evh mxr90 and Its one of my fav all time pedals! Im a huge evh fan and this pedal is a must for getting close to that tone.

4. Knuckles

Knuckles Member

i must have had a lemon because the loss of signal and tone-suck rendered it unusable for me.

5. gtr777

gtr777 Supporting Member

I had one but it got knocked off my board by the retro-sonic phaser. better sound and true-bypass. The EVH was good while it lasted though.

6. Dog Boy

Dog Boy Member

I think there might have been a few. I had one that sucked tone horribly when off. I wrote the pedal off but got another on a trade deal. Suprisingly this one sucked tone no worse than a Boss pedal and sounded pretty darn good. I stuck it in a looper and I'm happy. Small footprint, easy to use, available, sounds good. Its like a mantra for me.:AOK

7. goldenboy

goldenboy Member

I remember a thread comparing the new 74 reissue, the previous reissue, the regular version and the EVH. Most people didn't like the EVH and the regular, if I remember right - and thought the 74 was really good.

8. Andre357

Andre357 Member

I own both.....they sound VERY similar.....the 74 reissue sounds a bit more organic so thats the one on my board....

also the evh paint job drove me nuts.....

I could live happily with the evh one if i had to though....

9. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

I've owned all kinds of phasers. Old ones, boutique ones, regular old phasers and I'm quite satisfied w/ my EVH Phase 90. Hate the 'paint job' but the tone works for me. I've had it since they first came out and haven't had a single issue with it.