MXR OCTAVIO FUZZ

JesterR

Also, dunlop has mini pedal in Hendrix line, which also can turn octave on and off for less drastic overdrive/fuzz sound.

LagunaMan

That's cool. Seems to me that the 2012 and 2017 hendrix octavio pedals plus this one might be the same pedal. Maybe someone can tell us. If this is true then there is no need for the 70's anniversary hendrix octavio pedal which is unobtanium nowdays. EHX also sells octavix pedal for $100 which is cheaper than dunlop offerings but it's using a harsher fuzz circuit, the one with more transistors for more gain. Neither can switch the octave off, however the way these octavio pedals work is that if you turn fuzz up more and output less then you'll get fuzz only. If you turn fuzz down and output up you'll get more octave coming thru and it will go into the ring modulator territory. So you probably don't even need an octave off switch. I'm in a market for octavio and I like the MXR one and will probably buy it just curious to know if it's related to the hendrix octavio pedals from past.

Crimson Queen

Silver Supporting Member
That's cool. Seems to me that the 2012 and 2017 hendrix octavio pedals plus this one might be the same pedal. Maybe someone can tell us. If this is true then there is no need for the 70's anniversary hendrix octavio pedal which is unobtanium nowdays. EHX also sells octavix pedal for $100 which is cheaper than dunlop offerings but it's using a harsher fuzz circuit, the one with more transistors for more gain. Neither can switch the octave off, however the way these octavio pedals work is that if you turn fuzz up more and output less then you'll get fuzz only. If you turn fuzz down and output up you'll get more octave coming thru and it will go into the ring modulator territory. So you probably don't even need an octave off switch. I'm in a market for octavio and I like the MXR one and will probably buy it just curious to know if it's related to the hendrix octavio pedals from past.
I compared directly the 2017 JH and the Octavio. Not sure about components, but they sound exactly the same.

The Octavix does not sound like the Hendrix/Octavio Dunlop pedals at all, however.

Lolaviola

Silver Supporting Member
I have the "big cheese" Octavio and it is truly inspiring. It has a sound that the other designs don't have. That does not mean you will love it, I just have a thing going on with it.

Trending Topics