Mxr Phaser differences

retrobob

Wondering what the difference is between the Phase 100 and the phase 90. It seems the phase 90 is the more popular one for some reason.

I have an old script Phase 45. dont know where that one fits into the picture either, but I like it.

brianf

Phase 100 is a better pedal in my book. I just purchased a H.B.E. and the Phase 100 knowing I would be sending one back. It was a tough decision.

The 100 is a 90 with another knob called intensity which provides 4 different wave shapes. It sounded great. MXR web site has sound samples.

I went with the HBE though. I think the fancy paint job sold me:)

brianf

retrobob

IOWs the phase 100 does everything the 90 does plus more.
Is that what I'm hearing?

Now, where does the phase 45 fit in?

KBN

IOWs the phase 100 does everything the 90 does plus more.
Is that what I'm hearing?

Now, where does the phase 45 fit in?
My understanding is that the Phase 90 has a 90 degree phase shift while the Phase 45 has a 45 degree phase shift. The 45 is a more subtle effect than the 90.

brianf

My understanding is that the Phase 90 has a 90 degree phase shift while the Phase 45 has a 45 degree phase shift. The 45 is a more subtle effect than the 90.
Ahhh. New info everyday. I love this forum!!!!'

brianf

retrobob

So does the 100 have 100 degrees of phase shift?
10 more radical degrees plus 4 different wave forms to choose from.
I'll have to check one out.

jay42

I used to have both a 90 and a 100. In retrospect, I wish I had kept the 90, even though it was noisier. I never felt that the 100 could be set like the 90. ymmv

They have a different number of shift stages -- 4 vs. 10. The 90 uses JFets and the 100 uses Vactrols for shift stages.

dsl

Silver Supporting Member
The Script Phase 90 w/o the LED is my favorite.

Less noise - more phase :worried

dsl

MikeMcK

Gold Supporting Member
A TGPer (thanks Brian) is putting together a GGG P100 kit for me, and I can't wait. I know the Phase 90 is more popular, but back in the '70's I had both, and I kept the Phase 100. Wish I knew where that one was today.

I'll let you know how it goes... I'm hoping the GGG P100 will recapture what I liked about the original.

Trending Topics