MXR Reverb M300 what's taking so long

wiltel24

Anyone know why it is taking so long for this pedal to be available? Hearing end of April before it will be for sale.

A-Mags

Silver Supporting Member
They're out at Guitar Centers. I've already played one and decided not to purchase it.

A-Mags

Silver Supporting Member
What were your thoughts on it?
I was mostly concerned for the regular spring, plate, and hall reverbs for use with my JTM45 type amp. I would say it was just ok. I compared it to the Fender's amp internal spring reverb and the Topanga reverb and it was no contest. The Topanga kills it but it only does spring reverb. I didn't find the controls gave a wide range of sounds either. Having something to compare it with sure helped. There's something about the real deal that warms up the sound in a way that pedals I've tried can't. The Topanga came real close and the the MXR did not, even with much playing of the tone control. It seemed to be a master of none of the reverbs to me. YMMV.

Last edited:

coltonius

Señor Member
I was mostly concerned for the regular spring, plate, and hall reverbs for use with my JTM45 type amp. I would say it was just ok. I compared it to the Fender's amp internal spring reverb and the Topanga reverb and it was no contest. The Topanga kills it but it only does spring reverb. I didn't find the controls gave a wide range of sounds either. Having something to compare it with sure helped. There's something about the real deal that warms up the sound in a way that pedals I've tried can't. The Topanga came real close and the the MXR did not, even with much playing of tone control. It seemed to be a master of none of the reverbs to me. YMMV.
I'm interested in it for the ambient, washy algos. I will have to try it before making a blind purchase..

thesooze

Silver Supporting Member
I was mostly concerned for the regular spring, plate, and hall reverbs for use with my JTM45 type amp. I would say it was just ok. I compared it to the Fender's amp internal spring reverb and the Topanga reverb and it was no contest. The Topanga kills it but it only does spring reverb. I didn't find the controls gave a wide range of sounds either. Having something to compare it with sure helped. There's something about the real deal that warms up the sound in a way that pedals I've tried can't. The Topanga came real close and the the MXR did not, even with much playing of tone control. It seemed to be a master of none of the reverbs to me. YMMV.
Thanks! Appreciate it

Trending Topics