• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

MXR Uni-Vibe

SFW

Just wanted to get some opinions on this pedal. I had a Deja Vibe for a bit, but I could never hear the effect through my EVH 5153. I love the sound of a vibe, but need one that plays well with humbuckers and high gain amps. Thanks!

Luke V

Silver Supporting Member
Wow, Deja Vibe works very well and can be heard well with my 339 and Tiny Terror even with drive added. I use mine before dirt pedals except for FuzzFace, and after wah.

stratpaulguy86

Silver Supporting Member
Vibes tend to lose most of their throb and pulse if you use too much gain. If you use a bunch of gain, I'd recommend a vibe with ample clean headroom like the Effectrode Tube Vibe.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
I have been using an MXR Univibe. I'm not very gainy but I don't loose the swirl when going from clean to drive with a DOT or Tele.
You might look into the newer BBE Soul Vibe since it has an internal trim lot to dial in the peak of the throb. It is also more like a photo cell Vibe than the phaser based MXR.

gearscrubs

I do not own any other vibe pedals, but I like my MXR Uni-Vibe. I rarely use it, but it does "that sound" when I need it to. I don't really care to get into debates about whether or not it's a "real" vibe or how deep the "throb" goes. It just works. As others have said, place it early in the chain, before dirt, for best results, imo.

Slevin

Silver Supporting Member
I have one. The Vibe sounds great but for some reason I can't much of a pulse whatsoever unless the speed is at around noon and then it's slightly too fast for what I want sometimes. I'm also not a huge fan of the chorus side of the pedal.

e???

The small one with the white writing and black and grey box? If that's the one I bought one about a week n a half ago. I thought it worked better with a strat than p90's, and yeah when my amp was cranked it sounded pretty awesome. That being said I didn't really know what they did, heard they were on magnatones. and wanted to see what it was about. It's not really my thing (barely using pedals these days) but I thought it stood up great. Can't comment on humbuckers, didn't try it... so I ended up returning it.

Trending Topics