1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

MXR Wylde Phase 90

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Rocking Sabbath, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Rocking Sabbath

Rocking Sabbath Member

I read a lot of threads about MXR Phase 90 and I was wondering where the Wylde Phase fell into the mix... I'm ready to buy and I narrowed my preferences down to the following:

1) Buy a block logo for ~$40 less and do the r28 mod

2) Buy the reissue 75 script logo w/ led

3) not interested in the EVH after listening to demos

4) Wylde Phase?

Any advice?

2. RockStarNick

RockStarNick Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure if you do a search on google, there's a page where someone opened up the Wylde Phase, and it has the same EXACT guts as the regular old Phase 90.

Same thing with the Script w/LED - open that up, and it has the EVH circuitboard, but the "script" button is permanently pushed in.

I think they're all using surface mount components now, too, which kinda sucks.

If you can do a regular block logo with R28 mod, it'll definitely get the job done. I like mine.

3. Bluedano1

Bluedano1 Member

I did #1 mod to my regular (and cheap) block logo Phase 90, and I think it sounds great.

The mod reduced the "mix" of the effect and some of the feedback (regen) by a small amount, so it sounded less "spaceship" than stock. As I will only use the phaser for a few songs, I could not see spending more $$ ($75) than needed.