MXR Wylde Phase 90

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Rocking Sabbath, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Rocking Sabbath

Rocking Sabbath Member

I read a lot of threads about MXR Phase 90 and I was wondering where the Wylde Phase fell into the mix... I'm ready to buy and I narrowed my preferences down to the following:

1) Buy a block logo for ~$40 less and do the r28 mod

2) Buy the reissue 75 script logo w/ led

3) not interested in the EVH after listening to demos

4) Wylde Phase?

Any advice?

2. RockStarNick

RockStarNick Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure if you do a search on google, there's a page where someone opened up the Wylde Phase, and it has the same EXACT guts as the regular old Phase 90.

Same thing with the Script w/LED - open that up, and it has the EVH circuitboard, but the "script" button is permanently pushed in.

I think they're all using surface mount components now, too, which kinda sucks.

If you can do a regular block logo with R28 mod, it'll definitely get the job done. I like mine.

3. Bluedano1

Bluedano1 Member

I did #1 mod to my regular (and cheap) block logo Phase 90, and I think it sounds great.

The mod reduced the "mix" of the effect and some of the feedback (regen) by a small amount, so it sounded less "spaceship" than stock. As I will only use the phaser for a few songs, I could not see spending more $$ ($75) than needed.