1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

My 15 year old son is turning into to quite the little RnR guitarist...listen...

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by gennation, Sep 25, 2006.

1. gennation

gennation Member

http://test.mikedodge.com/mvdmusic/MikeD/Rocker.mp3

Yep he's 15 and he's been playing about 2 1/2 years now. At first he was into Vai and and some shredders. Now he really listens to NOTHING but Angus Young, he's like a little Angus clone.

For the past 7 months or so he's learned just about every Angus thing he can get his hands on.

He's slowly been getting into Chuck Berry and Keith Richards too. But from the sound of his playing here, I think he's developing into, and just on the edge of, a bit of Alvin Lee's style.

I told him that last night when we recorded this. I'm going to try and burn him a few Ten Years After CD's. He's only about 5 licks away from Alvin's style right now.

Check it out.

He used his Line 6 Spider 30W 1x12 and his Epiphone (G400) 66 Reissue SG. Also and Ibanez bass. He played everything too, I just recorded him.

2. guitarpkr67

guitarpkr67 Supporting Member

He sounds really good.

3. jammath

jammath Member

Very nice, keep it up!!

4. gainiac

gainiac Senior Member

5. anyone

anyone Member

Sounds great man! Must have a great teacher...

6. SteveVHT

SteveVHT Member

That is truly awesome......
    You must be very proud...He sounds great....

Here's my little guy. He just turned 2...playing his first guitar I got him for his birthday....
    He calls this the "Na Na Na" song...:D
    Click on the pic...it's a video...:D
    [​IMG]

7. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

8. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

Wow Steve .. with all that distortion ... he sounds awesome, I might as well give up on learning how to play cuz I wont ever sounds as good or look as cute as him!
    I bet the chicks dig that kid a lot :D

9. jhc

jhc Senior Member

gennation - I'm very impressed. What I wouldn't have given to be able to do that, esp in high school :RoCkIn

SteveVHT - unfortunately my FLASH player at work isn't up to snuff to play the video, but that's a great pic

10. DEMENTED

DEMENTED Supporting Member

I hope you're proud of him Dad, you should be! :dude :dude :dude

11. bluesmain

bluesmain Member

Now that was the hippest thing I have seen all day! Very cool bro!

12. gassyndrome

gassyndrome Member

Mike, your site is unreal. A great resource for hacks like me. No wonder your son is an awesome player! :AOK

13. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

Wow , he sounds great.. TOTAL cross of Alvin Lee and ACDC!!!! Definitely the stuff I grew up on ....

ERIC

14. glendrix

glendrix Member

Yes he's got the Alvin thing down. Kept waiting to hear him sing "Going Down."Nice job.

15. glendrix

glendrix Member

I see he's got the Hendrix wrap the thumb around the fretboard thang going on :)

16. Normster

Normster Member

Good God, Mike! Ian is kicking some serious butt!!! Hopefully you've been teaching him the perils of the road, 'cuz he's gonna be spending some time there. ;)

My son is turning out to be a big disappointment. All he does is sit around playing classical all day. What a freakin' waste! HAHA