My 17yr Old Take on the Magma BT

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by glasman, Jan 15, 2006.

1. glasman

glasman Guest

My son Travis made this clip tonight against the Magma Flow BT. Travis is 17 and has been playing a little over 2 years. Can't wait to hear how he plays when he is 20.

Recorded using a Strat on the neck pickup.

Let him know what you think...... he reads this board all the time but is not a member (as far as I know).

http://glaswerks.com/media/Travismagma.MP3

Gary

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Normster

Normster Member

Holy crap, Gary...he's gonna be a monster!!! He's got incredible feel for such a young player. Tasty phrasing and fantastic dynamics. Must be something to that genetic nonsense after all. ;)

3. glasman

glasman Guest

Hey Norm, you have heard me play and he sure as heck didn't get it from ME :D

He does get to do a LOT of jamming with really great players who are 20+ years his senior. I think that helps a bit.

Gary

4. adlibmusic

adlibmusic Member

What he said!!! That's really awesome for only 2yrs of playing!

5. onemind

onemind Member

My Seventeen year old can never show that much restraint, he's got the chops but often plays "Tumeni" notes! Great Job...

6. glasman

glasman Guest

Thanks for the comments on his playing. He really has came a long way in touch and listening. He sits with his guitar at least 3 to 4 hours a day.

His music tastes range from Death Metal to Blues to Jazz (he really likes Larry Carlton and Robben Ford).

Gary

7. mikem

mikem Senior Member

Holy crap -this guy's gonna be great in no time! Nice job!

Mike

8. dbx

dbx Supporting Member

You should be really proud...he's doing really well! (nice work Travis...keep it going) and the fact that he's exposed to and likes different styles will only benefit him in the future...oh to have 3-4 hours a day clear to play....sigh...you've passed the torch well...(I hope my girls will take such an interest when they're ready..)

:cool:

BTW how was this recorded...production notes?

9. glasman

glasman Guest

To all thanks for the comments. I will have to get Travis to read the thread when he gets home from his buddies house.

As far as the production notes here is the lowdown.

Mackie SDR 2496 HDR
    Backing track loaded to two channels.
    No amp was used this is an OLD Rocktron Chameleon. Low Gain Pentode mode.
    Chameleon into a Yamaha 01v96r2 and recorded on two tracks of the Mackie, panned hard left and right.
    Mixdown was done on the board to two tracks of the Mackie and then imported into Wavelab for final mastering. Reverb and a slight amount of compression was added at mixdown (1.5 @-10db). Think I applied a little to much reverb :)

Think that is about it....

Gary

Guitar was my Almost Fender Strat (all fender except neck).