My 2nd Soundcloud Track ...

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
Joseph Lucido Guitar with Synth Tone, ~ Weber Iago Piano ~ John Nava ~Percussion, Kim Stone -Bass, Mike Shannon ~ Drums

(This was done in one take with overhead live room mic .. no rehearsal, no overdubs ... just came up with the progression, groove or mood & played it)

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/lucidology/03-bolero[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
Lovely, Joseph... and pray tell, what synth are you using, Sir?
Great thanks Mike...
The synth an old Roland GR-33 ...
Tweaked a series of tones together to my liking ...
& put of tiny touch of an envelope filter on the initial attack ...
It's also set up to be used with an expression pedal if desired ...

DøøG

Wow, super! Nice playing by all, really nice changes, dug it!

Gr-33, haven't messed with one of those in a while, what did you use for a guitar with it?

icarusi

Nice stuff! The GR33 still makes a nice sound. If you need a battery busking synth rig the Sonuus G2M into the Korg Volca keys works well for mono-only.

Baminated

Very very sweet. Again, love the "no licks" improvised motives, & loved the interaction as on the Lydian piece. Really great group of peeps there

cdaloia

Paison,

Lovely man. You have a way w/ that guit synth. I usually don't care for the way people use them but you are playing that sound, not guitar licks on a synth. VERY musical. More of this...

Goomba

PS: Took a cue from you and remembered that I had one of these pages so I edited and posted some things.

journo

Hi Joseph,

You playing is very lyrical. It feels like you were actually controlling the GR-33 with your voice rather than a guitar.

I've been wanting a guitar synth for a long time and you may just have pushed me over the edge.

Cheers,

Mats N

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
DøøG;18730975 said:
Wow, super! Nice playing by all, really nice changes, dug it!

Gr-33, haven't messed with one of those in a while, what did you use for a guitar with it?
That's my Godin Slim Nylon String ... you can hear the nylon string attack if you listen closely ...

Thanks my good man!!

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
Nice stuff! The GR33 still makes a nice sound. If you need a battery busking synth rig the Sonuus G2M into the Korg Volca keys works well for mono-only.

Never heard of that ... will have to check it out ... Thanks Icarusi ...:)