My 3rd Warmoth build

Yeah

Hey Happy Holidays everyone

Here's some pics of the 3rd Warmoth build I put together.
Specs:
Alder body
Candy tangerine
Maple neck / Rosewood board
Medium jumbo frets
Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut
Standard thin profile – tung oiled
Mini Schaller locking tuners
24.75 Scale length
Bridge pickup - Dimarzio deactivator
Neck pickup – Dimarzio Cruiser bridge
1 push/push volume control

I just need to put on the strap buttons and a Warmoth sticker on the headstock

sfarnell

Silver Supporting Member
Hey Happy Holidays everyone

Here's some pics of the 3rd Warmoth build I put together.
Specs:
Alder body
Candy tangerine
Maple neck / Rosewood board
Medium jumbo frets
Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut
Standard thin profile – tung oiled
Mini Schaller locking tuners
24.75 Scale length
Bridge pickup - Dimarzio deactivator
Neck pickup – Dimarzio Cruiser bridge
1 push/push volume control

Nice! Waiting for my first Warmoth body, a daphne blue telecaster thinline w/a HB rout at the neck. The estimate for completion is 8 to 10 weeks. Does it actually take that long or do they give that estimate so that expectations are lowered?

Chandyland

Silver Supporting Member
Very slick! I like it.

How do you like the 24.75 inch scale length? I've always been a Gibson kind of guy, so I would be perfectly at home with it. I don't think I've ever seen such a thing on a super Strat before, though!

Yeah

Nice! Waiting for my first Warmoth body, a daphne blue telecaster thinline w/a HB rout at the neck. The estimate for completion is 8 to 10 weeks. Does it actually take that long or do they give that estimate so that expectations are lowered?
Tough call...is that a completely custom body order or an in stock body? A custom body order takes longer, but I've only ordered in stock bodies and they usually take about 2 weeks to get delivered. Also, they're located in Washington and I'm in NY.

sfarnell

Silver Supporting Member
Tough call...is that a completely custom body order or an in stock body? A custom body order takes longer, but I've only ordered in stock bodies and they usually take about 2 weeks to get delivered. Also, they're located in Washington and I'm in NY.

It's custom. I guess that I can expect a long wait.

Yeah

Very slick! I like it.

How do you like the 24.75 inch scale length? I've always been a Gibson kind of guy, so I would be perfectly at home with it. I don't think I've ever seen such a thing on a super Strat before, though!

Yeah, I thought I would try something a little different with the 24.75 scale length. All of my guitars are 25.5. I was afraid this was going to be difficult for me to get used to. I figured the frets were going to feel really close together. I really don't notice a difference as far as fret spacing goes. What feels extremely different to me is the string tension. WOW! I can't believe how loose the strings feel. I bend strings like crazy and it's so damn easy to bend the strings anywhere on the neck. It's very easy to play and bending feels ridiculous. Almost feels like something is broken lol.
This is a compound radius 10" - 16" neck.

smallbutmighty

I do my own stunts.
Silver Supporting Member

Depends. That's generally the "outside" time frame. Sometimes it can be done faster, but not always. The wait is all about the paint. Good paint takes some time...no way around it. A million factors can effect the time it takes: volume of work, what kind of paint you're ordered, personnel issues, equipment issues, etc, etc, etc.

I'm currently waiting on a body for myself! A Strat body with Gold Flake paint....one of the most time-consuming paints there is. I'm getting pretty impatient for it, but it shouldn't be too much longer. I just went back to the paint department and put it in front of this Daphne Blue Tele body that was holding things up.

Last edited:

Ultra GP

Gold Supporting Member
Looks great - I did something similar (in looks) not too long ago. Does using the push/push pot mean you get the bridge and neck by itself only?

Yeah

Looks great - I did something similar (in looks) not too long ago. Does using the push/push pot mean you get the bridge and neck by itself only?
Thanks! That's correct about the push/push, only 1 pickup will work at a time. When it's pushed in the down position the bridge pup works, then when you push the knob it clicks upwards and the neck pup works. The guitar really feels great and it's so easy to play. I actually need to raise the action a little. I measured 1/64th at the 17th fret on all strings and that's too low for me. I usually like 4/64 - 5/64. I seem to play all my Warmoth builds more than any of the other guitars I own. I'm already thinking about my next build.

T Dizz

my kind of guitar. I agree with those who love the color. very cool!
*edit- That pickup config is sorely undervalued.

S1Player

Very cool guitar. I like the simplicity of the controls.

On your next one - you might explore necks available from USACG, Musikraft, BGP, and Guitar Mill. They all have slightly different specs and back profiles. I have several Warmoth guitars and necks - and have enjoyed mixing in stuff from Musikraft and BGP to try out different neck profiles.

Ultra GP

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks! That's correct about the push/push, only 1 pickup will work at a time. When it's pushed in the down position the bridge pup works, then when you push the knob it clicks upwards and the neck pup works. The guitar really feels great and it's so easy to play. I actually need to raise the action a little. I measured 1/64th at the 17th fret on all strings and that's too low for me. I usually like 4/64 - 5/64. I seem to play all my Warmoth builds more than any of the other guitars I own. I'm already thinking about my next build.

That's an interesting idea. I don't think I'd miss the middle position on mine a whole lot, but can't say the same for all guitars.

I prefer my action more or less the same, and really had to crank the saddles high to get it like that. What bridge did you use exactly? Mine is a hardtail, but I didn't use the standard Fender one, which might be the reason.

Yeah

Very cool guitar. I like the simplicity of the controls.

On your next one - you might explore necks available from USACG, Musikraft, BGP, and Guitar Mill. They all have slightly different specs and back profiles. I have several Warmoth guitars and necks - and have enjoyed mixing in stuff from Musikraft and BGP to try out different neck profiles.
Thanks I've been wanting to check those places out as well. I've heard great things about USACG and Musikraft

Yeah

That's an interesting idea. I don't think I'd miss the middle position on mine a whole lot, but can't say the same for all guitars.

I prefer my action more or less the same, and really had to crank the saddles high to get it like that. What bridge did you use exactly? Mine is a hardtail, but I didn't use the standard Fender one, which might be the reason.
I used a Gotoh 6 hole vintage trem. I got that from Warmoth as well. I have the same trem on one of my other Warmoths. It's the guitar in my avatar. The trem works great for me. Feels comfortable on the back of my right hand. It's set to dive bomb only and it mostly pivots on the 2 outer screws. Between the graph tech nut and the locking tuners it stays in tune really well.

RayBarbeeMusic

Gold Supporting Member
I don't think I've ever seen such a thing on a super Strat before, though!

Been playing a strat with a 24.75" conversion neck since 1991 (way before Warmoth was doing it). A lot of people have played that guitar. Most have commented on how much they like the neck. Not a single one knew it was a shorter scale unless I pointed it out.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom