My 4-day old Genz-Benz BP 30 blew up! :(

wrxplayer

Silver Supporting Member
OK, it didn't really blow up, but it did blow. Was swapping guitars with the power on but the standby off and heard a pop, followed by the sound of a turntable needle sliding off of a vinyl album (for those who don't know that sound, it isn't good). :jo

I bought the amp on line (new) so called G-B for help. [Jeff Genzler had been very helpful via email in my decision to get one.] The tech said it sounds like a bad tube blew and the heat led to a short on the circuit board. I brought it to a service center here in NJ and should get the amp back in 10 days. The retailer is not like MF or M123 or ZZ who has a no questions asked return policy.

One thing concerns me a little: the guy at the repair place said it had had some problems w/ G-B and was surprised that they were still a warranty service center. Would this bother you?

Also wondering if this is just a freak thing or something I should be concerned about long term. The tech at G-B said he's heard of something like this happening once before.

Thoughts?

PS - I was really enjoying the amp for the four days it worked. :horse

phatster

Jeff and Roger are stand-up professionals,you have no worries...you can bank on their word.I'm sure they would like to know more about the comments made by the service center. Good luck.:worried:AOK

wrxplayer

Silver Supporting Member
Jeff and Roger are stand-up professionals,you have no worries...you can bank on their word.I'm sure they would like to know more about the comments made by the service center. Good luck.:worried:AOK

Thanks. I emailed Jeff.

es125luv

keep us posted on your recovery!!!

at first, I was thinking your rectifier tube went out, but I think that would take the fuse out, and nothing on the board...

es125luv

Jeff has always been extremely helpful. GB customer service is great, and I'm sure Jeff would like to hear the comments of the service center employee.

I bought a Black Pearl Head USED off of ebay, and Jeff answered my emails on the weekends about some simple questions I had...

This guy loves his product, and I really can honestly say that I think the Black Pearl is his best product effort to date (you can tell that he is very proud of the thing)..........

Trending Topics

Top Bottom