1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

My attempt at Red Ant's Herringbone..

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by AndyZ, Jul 10, 2006.

1. AndyZ

AndyZ Member

So this is the first time I've ever done one of these. Not sure why now... I guess cuz the BT track was rather engaing, even though it's totally not the kind of thing I do. But nonetheless, I was drawn to it like a moth to a flame. Used my MIM Fat Tele with a Duncan Lil 59 in the bridge. So excuse that there are enough clams to make a hearty bowl of chowder here...

http://www.instituteofnoise.com/music/AZHerringboneBT.mp3

2. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

very nice Andy, I dug it
    clams? nah perhaps momentary unintended tensions? To me every note possible (and a few not possible) will work in a static progression like this... it's ALL good

HJ

3. AndyZ

AndyZ Member

Thanks Harry! I guess I was doing more wanking than really listening, but I like your description much better. ;)

4. mikem

mikem Senior Member

Nice high energy/high octane kinda feel there- there are no clams- just "outside notes"

:dude

Mike

5. AndyZ

AndyZ Member

Ya all are too kind...

6. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

This sounded perfectly pearly! (No clams to my ears, which ain't sayin' as much as I may like, but it IS all good!) Niclely pulled, tugged, spat, drilled, coaxed, waxed, and sizzled.
    ;)

7. AndyZ

AndyZ Member

Thanks guys! I guess since it's not plain old RnR Pop or Mainstream stuff, I'm not as used to playing that outside the box. I listen to enough stuff like this, but just don't do it myself normally.

8. Myron Stratis

Myron Stratis Member

High energy stuff, me likes! :)