My baby Palette amp

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by A.Squirrel, Mar 15, 2006.

1. A.Squirrel

A.Squirrel Member

Hello guys and gals here's a short clip of my 5w palette amp doing some clean stuff specs:Eminence lil buddy 10' hempcone, reverb off palette effects unit (all tube),Pro Tools Le no eq,comp,delay,mic audix i5 .Pretty much bone dry,guitar Ej strat. http://www.soundclick.com/aaronsquirrel click download @ music. More to come.

2. gururyan

gururyan Member

I fell for the Minuette hard at the Tulsa Guitar Show. I had know idea they were in Stillwater, OK. I would love to have one, but damn they are expensive. Despite the price, I still want to buy the Minuette.

...I just have to save up the cash for it and convince the wife it is the end all amp.

[​IMG]

3. Sub-D

Sub-D Guest

are all the clips on that page from that amp? (5 in total 2 clean 3 o.d.)
    If so I am really impressed with that amp, sounds like a great studio amp.......

4. mavrick10_2000

mavrick10_2000 Member

Sub - D. Yes they are. It's odd seeing this older post. I had spoken with Aaron about them. Man you should hear Pallete's Stack with a Strat or Tele cranked through it. Sheer power and warmth.

Aaron,

Did you end up recording your last show? A clip from that would be a great sample of the larger amps.

5. journo

journo Member

Hi Mr Squirrel,

That sounds very good indeed!
    I was equally impressed by that clean and the od tones.
    Was the od a pedal or the amp goosed?
    What microphone did you use?
    Would you say the recording levels were suitable bedroom/home studio
    use with family at home?

Cheers,

Mats N

6. gururyan

gururyan Member

Here is the link for the site:

Palette Amps

I believe he also had an overdrive pedal at the show, but I was too enamored with the Minuette to really give it any attention.

7. A.Squirrel

A.Squirrel Member

Wow thanks for the comments about the amp!
    Journo: That was all the amp no pedals the od tones were all goosed and the really cool thing about the amps are the push/pull od on the amp you can get the same distortion and tone at any vol. because it's a fixed stage but as you turn it up youll get more od. The mic was one Audix i5.
    Bob: we did record the Johnny A. show but the show was to loud for the mic.
    We do have some video of a 72' white falcon on it and it's just gororgeous.

Soon me and robert wakeling(owner/engineer) are going to record video clips for the website and just go through everything start off with nothing then start adding bits and pieces off the all tube effects head with a built in tube uni-vibe that swirls back and for if 2 amps are pugged in.

I'll post some of the big amps soon they just got some new hempcones in em so know there are 3 diff.10's in my cabs. and 2 diff. 15's.

thanks for all the comments!
    Aaron

8. Hipster Dofus

Hipster Dofus Member

Very cool for 5w! I have been thinking about a sub 10 w amp and it is interesting to hear some of the stuff that is out there. Thanks

9. spectre6000

spectre6000 Member

i've got one of the stacks with 2 15" cabs (one alnico, one ceramic). It's awesome. I use it to perform (it's the perfect amount of power to crank on stage without killing people with waves of sound), and then if i unplug one of the cabs it's great for a practice amp (still a bit loud, but it's certainly not a marshall or something). next time i'm in the studio i'll put up a soundclip. everyone should really check these things out though. get in touch with palette to find out when they're going to be at a show next. it's worth the admission just to hear one of these beauties.

10. A.Squirrel

A.Squirrel Member