My badger arrived

PMcC

Friday my Badger 30 arrived,.. cool amp!

I retracked a tune with it, just dialed up the amp and worked the gtr, it's a rough. You can hear me switching the gtr pickups back and forth throughout the track
Lots of hair and sizzle in this tone. First run with it,
fun amp to play.

here's the take.

PMcC

www.petermccarthy.net/PolarEyesBadger.mp3

ethomas1013

Supporting Member
I had a Badger 30 for about two days. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough. It sounding nothing like that. Ice pick treble, no sustain, short barky tones. Makes me wonder if something was wrong with the one I had.

What speakers are you playing through? Any pedals or is that straight in? Where were the tone controls set?

PMcC

Thanks dudes,

I just got the Badger 30, and really love it. I like the openess of the tone.
From my memory it works for me better than the 18, I never owned an 18 though. I wanted an amp with EL34's with grunt so the 30 suits me well.

This is through a 2x12 avatar with 2 Celestion Golds, Les Paul.
no pedals, straight in
The settings are

No Power Scaling
Drive 10
Bass 8
Mid 10
Treb 6
Gain 8

Thanks again for listening and taking the time to post.

Best-

Peter

dnumde

A nice Jeff Beck kinda vibe there, now this clip is making me very impatient for the arrival of my Badger 30! I just placed my order about 2 weeks ago with Greg @ Rocket Music, how long did yours took to build or it was bought right off available stock?

Just a quick question, what's your recording chain like and how the mic was set up?

PMcC

A nice Jeff Beck kinda vibe there, now this clip is making me very impatient for the arrival of my Badger 30! I just placed my order about 2 weeks ago with Greg @ Rocket Music, how long did yours took to build or it was bought right off available stock?

Just a quick question, what's your recording chain like and how the mic was set up?
In stock,...I used a 57 and R121 for mics. Great River pres.

I'm diggin the badger so far,

best-

Pete

alguit

Well played and excellent tone!

I play my Bader 30 through a variety of cabs and have gotten a tone very similar to yours-Eric, if you're reading this, I would say that yes, something must have been wrong with yours...

All the best!

Alan

JoeB63

Supporting Member
Hey Pete, sounds good. I have a Badger 18 that I like a lot. I typically use pedals for lead tones with it, though I just recorded a solo for a demo track where out of supreme laziness, I just plugged directly into the Badger, turned up the gain and hit record.

Perhaps when I hear the final mix, I'll post it here -- though I wasn't completely thrilled with the solo I played, but again, I was too lazy to do more takes. :)

Funny you should pop up here now. You might remember that before you moved to LA, you gave me a very beat-up old 3-ring binder of Real Book charts and other music. I had all my old lesson material in there too. That was almost 15 years ago now. Just about 2 weeks ago, I pulled it down from the shelf and started going through some of the stuff in there. It's sitting here right next to my keyboard now. Man, time flies!

PMcC

hi Joe,

thanks,... post it up man,. love to hear it..

Man, time sure does fly,.. I'm out here like 14 years already..

Pete

ethomas1013

Supporting Member
Well played and excellent tone!

I play my Bader 30 through a variety of cabs and have gotten a tone very similar to yours-Eric, if you're reading this, I would say that yes, something must have been wrong with yours...

All the best!

Alan
OK, thanks for the second opinion. Maybe I'll try another one some day. I'd like an EL34 amp around the 30 watt range. The Matchless Club 35 is another one I'd like to try some day.

I like the tone on this clip. Thanks to the original posted for taking the time to put it up.

Lespaulsignature 74

Silver Supporting Member
I have owned the Badger 30 for about 2 months now and I am very pleased with it's very detailed, fat and airy tones. It can do clean and mean, power scaling is also a very useful tool for small rooms! I am running mine through a pair of Scumnico 10's and the sound is stella !!!