My bannd Live - PRS SC245

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by JoeYello, Feb 3, 2008.

1. JoeYello

JoeYello Member

Here is the link to a video of my band The Side Effects at a gig on Thursday night. I used my PRS SC245, Fulldrive @ 18 volts and my AC-15 (British that I bought off of LionsDen? a couple of years ago here on the forum). This is one of my originals.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRFfhXVBFwY

Thank, Joe

2. yZe

yZe Senior Member

Tampa, on the Territory of Florida (D.C. Free Zone
    Cool rockin' tune

There should be a quick lead break before the 2nd verse. Not necesarrily riffin', but something composed like what you played on the outro

also, you and the other guitaris are playing nearly the exact voicings.

Y'all should play in different registers

Since the other dude is soloing, you should get those open voiced chords that you play , but he needs to find another chord system up the neck somewhere (except during your solo)

The harmony is too dense at this point

Good tune

3. JoeYello

JoeYello Member

Thanks, I appreciate the suggestions.

Joe

4. hottub

hottub Supporting Member

cool tune dude! man i really like those new 245's !

5. JoeYello

JoeYello Member

The 245 is an amazing guitar. Everything you love about PRSi and Les Pauls all rolled up into 1. I honestly did not go out of tune the entire gig....

6. KCWM

KCWM Supporting Member

The song definitely has a poppy, classic chord progression. It kind of reminds me of the stones...but, I'll admit that my familiarity with them is passing at best.

I was surfing the web as I listened to this and realized that the verses and the choruses ran together. Since I was listening to it in the background as I concentrated on something else, it felt like one long verse until the bridge. When I listened to it a second time, I realized that the vocal lines for the verse and the chorus are similar, and I think that's what led to that feel.

That isn't to say it's a bad song. If it came on the radio, I wouldn't turn the dial. I think the mix on the other video of the song (with the les paul) is a better mix and the other guitarist is playing more of a clean, accented chord. Maybe it's the video camera used to record the 2nd video that's washing out the sound. Since there's a PA system, I wonder if it'd be possible to get a sound board mix of the songs or something to post on here. I'm not quite sure what goes into that, but it might be a good option so that we can hear the song the way it's meant to be heard.