My Bill Gagnon's "Composer" Archtop

mrkz1974

Hey guys, just thought I share with you some pictures of my recent archtop acquisition, the COMPOSER by Bill Gagnon. The pup is a Kent Armstrong. There's a hidden TONE control underneath the pick-guard and the visible Volume knob.

So what do you guys think?

Marcos

javahut

Stunning!!! Awesome jazzer you got there. Did you have that custom built or select it after it was made? Whichever, that is a beautiful guitar! What kinda price tag is on that? Never seen anything by Bill Gagnon before. I'm gonna show this to a co-worker in the next day or two who's really into jazz guitars. He's gonna love this one. Hell, I wish I could play jazz just so I'd have an excuse to get one like that! Beautiful... congrats!!! :AOK

mrkz1974

Stunning!!! Awesome jazzer you got there. Did you have that custom built or select it after it was made? Whichever, that is a beautiful guitar! What kinda price tag is on that? Never seen anything by Bill Gagnon before. I'm gonna show this to a co-worker in the next day or two who's really into jazz guitars. He's gonna love this one. Hell, I wish I could play jazz just so I'd have an excuse to get one like that! Beautiful... congrats!!! :AOK
This guitar was already made when I first became interested in it (March 2007) and got a really sweet deal as I got a couple of other guitars fom the vendor. Prices start at $7000, but I got mine for about $4,250...but shhh!

Marcos

emjee

Absolutely beautiful guitars! And his prices seem very reasonable. If I could only own just ONE of everything I like.:drool

JSeth

WOWEE!!! What a gorgeous instrument! How does it sound unplugged? I have an older ES-175, a 1963... I've lusted after a d'aquisto or d'angelico for years, but I think I've been swayed by this beauty... thanks for sharing!

Thor

Yowza! A real beautiful guitar!!

Enjoy it in the best of health!

cheers,

Edward

WeAreOurGear

Wow, gorgeous guitar! Bill is an amazing luthier here in Portland, OR. I have a Gagnon Devant 7 and he has a deposit for a custom 7 as we speak. Gagnon studied with Benedetto but while Bene went corporate, Bill is the only person touching his instruments! Big Gagnon fan! :)

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member
That is amazing. And HAS to be worth the money you paid for it---which seems like a steal just looking at it. A lot of hours went into making that thing, obviously.

Trending Topics