1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

(My Board Is) Wamplified!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by oasis02, May 19, 2011.

1. oasis02

oasis02 Member

I have to render more praise on the Wampler pedals!

My amp is the Ltd.Edition Deluxe Reverb with the Jensen speaker from the '57 Amp. This "softens" the DRRI a bit, making it extremely pedal-friendly on the non-vibrato channel.

Guitars: '52 Tele and '57 Strat AVRI's.

For my Wampler pedals, I wanted 60's (Plexi-Drive), 70's (Pinnacle), and 80's (Plextortion) Marshall. These pedals achieve exactly that. They are flexible enough where you can get one to sound similar to the others, but I try to set each of them to their quintessential sound, and never have to mess with them again.

Favorite? If I had to choose one, that emulates "Classic" Marshall tone it's the Pinnacle. I have the Deluxe version with the boost. It's probably not essential for single coils, because the boost does bring on some noise, even with a decent noise gate. It's fine with buckers. Just sounds like the "Marshall" tones in my mind.

For good measure, I bought the Cranked AC. Keep the gain and tone at relatively low levels, and it's classic Vox done well. I had the hand-wired AC15 for awhile, and yes, this emulates the sound extremely well.

The Wampler pedals lose no fullness when you engage them. If your amp is three-dimensional, it will also be with these pedals functioning. That's not an easy feat...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DraggAmps

DraggAmps Member

Well done! Now you just need the Leviathan.

3. jb1911

jb1911 Member

That's technically not a board, it's a rug.

:huh

;)

4. Truxton Spangler

Truxton Spangler Member

For TGP'ers the floor is the board. A board is just not big enough :crazyguy

Best regards -T