1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

My board's gonna sparkle like a new Diamond!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by derek2615, Feb 24, 2006.

1. derek2615

derek2615 Member

TWO diamonds actually. I just pulled the trigger over at PedalGeek and bought the Memory Lane AND the Fireburst. I've never spent that kind of money on a pedal. Hopefully it will live up to all the hype. The clips sold me along with all the thumbs up :AOK for their customer support. Now the agony of waiting on Mr. UPS man.

:D :dude

2. AerialBoundries

AerialBoundries Member

I've heard nothing but good things about both of those - I'm sure you'll be happy! The wait is the absolute WORST part - I'm a big fan of the instant satisfaction :D

3. stereotypy

stereotypy Member

i never played the memory lane but only hear good reviews about that! and i loved the fireburst... it was one of those pedals that didn't fit in my band but i had a hard time to decide if i am selling it or not!

4. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

Good choices. I came veeeeery close to going for that Fireburst myself too. The online clips sound great, and it seems to be very versatile.

5. Madsman

Madsman Member

Ordered my Memory Lane yesterday. :) Did you get the silver or the Blue one from PedalGeek?

I would have waited for the black or ordered the green... but in the end I just ordered the silver one.

6. derek2615

derek2615 Member

I got the silver. Actually been waiting for Dan to get this shipment in since last week. Black would have been sweet but could not justify the extra $30. I also ordered the Y-Power cable to use with the Pedal Power 2+. Don't have the PP2 yet but I do have a birthday coming up and I'm sure my wife can take some oh-so-subtle hints I will be dropping... :rolleyes:

7. drolling

drolling Member

I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on the delay, but even more interested to hear about the Fireburst (w/clips, if possible?) as I haven't been able to get my hands on one up here.

Micheal will be sending me the newest iteration of the J-Drive for beta testing. He's really going all out on this one, with some very pricey NOS transistors and some other state-of-the-art components (I'm just a musician, so don't ask me what they are:confused: ;)).

It's apparently in the last stages of tweaking, so I should have it soon!

8. derek2615

derek2615 Member

Interesting... I really did not need another OD. I'm "getting by" for now with my Fulldrive 2. I was lacking a fuzz pedal and really struggled between the Fireburst and the Skreddy (Mayo or Top Fuel). Actually, the Top Fuel "sounded" from the clips more like what I was after than the Mayo. In the end the Fireburst won out with the sound clips they had on their website. I don't have any way of hearing the pedals except through the internet. Yeah, it's kind of a gamble not knowing what it sounds like through "my" gear, but you do what ya gotta do...

I sold 4 pedals on ebay last week to fund this purchase. I've got my fingers crossed on the sound. This board is a great place to get lots of valuable opinions from experienced players before sinking a ton of money into a pedal. I'm no professional (I play in my church contemporary praise band) but I know good "tone" when I hear it. Uh oh, I used "church" in my post, now nobody will read this. :jo ;)

9. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

STILL getting new, usable sounds from my Memory Lane!
    One of my best purchases so far!

10. derek2615

derek2615 Member

Great to hear! It must be an incredible pedal. I don't think I ran across a single negative post on the Memory Lane. Most seem to like it over the AD-9xx pedals. This seems to be the poor man's EchoCzar ;)

11. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

awsome pedal. you've got to try it in stereo. the clarity is unreal.

i can't wait for the mix pedal they're coming out with. i played with it at namm and it was great.

the customer service is amazing @ diamond. the day i got back from namm, i realized that my memory lane had stopped working. michael got back to me asap and sent me a temp. PINK memory lane while mine was getting fixed. he even said that i could just keep the pink if i wanted to, or i could even have a green one, and he would just switch out the guts from my old one. i decided to keep the silver one, just cuz i plan on buying the mix pedal in future and didn't want to have to order it in a special color.

i've also owned the diamond compressor. and it is truly a thing of beauty. i ended up splurging for bjf pgc because i needed more squish than the diamond could give, but for what the diamond does, it's perfect.

anways, enjoy

12. waveydb

waveydb Supporting Member

What exactly will the new Diamond Mix pedal do?
    Is it an accessory for the Memory Lane?
    Derek: I'm lovin' that Memory Lane I bought from you- I guess you decided to try it again?

13. derek2615

derek2615 Member

Sorry, different Derek.:D

14. threm

threm Member

Memory Lane, Memory Lane, Memory Lane ......
    I`m fed up hearing this!

Are you all suffering from a foolish nostalgia!

[​IMG]

just kiddin`

It`s a great delay! And mine is black and glossy.