My Bruno UG-30 Reverb I am in Love!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by demiruyar, Jan 20, 2008.

1. demiruyar

demiruyar Member

Greetings from Turkey everyone!:BEER

Well I just recieved my Bruno amp from Ultrasoundampsales and man,Ken Volpe is a great person to deal with.He was very helpfull trough the ordering phase by the second mail I sent I had no more silly questions to ask:)
    Here are some pictures
    [​IMG]

Very sturdy package!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I play it trough a Mojo tone tweed nitro finished 2x12 cabinet with tone tubby alnicos with klotz speaker cable and Klotz Titanium Instrument cable and running on 16 ohms and man thing is Loud.Well I havent still managed yet to play it on volume on more than 12 o clock but the clean tone is to die for.You can hear overtones coming very strong banging trough your brain.The 3 knob reverb is such a fine tool so no complaints there! This amp is a must if you are in love with reverb such as me.Well I played it trough my K-line strat with the lollar blondes,Pre law-suit lentz with lollar blondes and the prs mccarty with the stock pups this amp takes every guitar just perfectly.Also,the the ground switch works perfect for places that has bad grounding that can force to some bad noises.
    Well if you are thinking about buying an amp with a nice reverb on it look no further.Go with the Bruno Ug-30 you wont regret it.

2. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

those are 12's in there? that cab is awesomely tiny! congrats on the amp. i'd love to have one some day.

3. fuzzyguitars

fuzzyguitars Supporting Member

i love mine as well!

congrats!

4. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

That thing is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on what i think is one of the best sounding amps ever made. Try an Ethos, fulldrive, or Mudhoney overdrive in front. :AOK

5. demiruyar

demiruyar Member

Yes its 2x12 Well its the best cab I have ever tried.The nitro finish on it makes it sound so percussive and tight. You can check these cabs @ www.proguitar.de

6. doobiebrother

doobiebrother Member

I'm thinking of buying an amp from Ultrasound and having it shipped - how did it work out in terms of shipping costs and customs costs (if they apply in Turkey?)

7. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

Man, I love when that happens! :p

Congrats on your amp and ENJOY!

8. gmprak

gmprak Supporting Member

9. demiruyar

demiruyar Member

Where do you live?

10. doobiebrother

doobiebrother Member

Oops, sorry should have said - I'm in the UK, Scotland to be precise.

Thanks

11. tguyfr

tguyfr Member

I've never seen a worst package than this... oops yes : mine ! Bruno should really use better stuff to protect his amps. The cardboard is sooo thin. I can't understand how my UG30 didn't break accross the Atlantic with such a bad package.

12. demiruyar

demiruyar Member

Well to be honest this is the best packaging I saw lately.Its not just the cardboard.There was this white foamy thing covering the it.On top of that there is this foamy pieces hundreds of that.On top that there is the thickest bubble wrap I have ever seen on my life.The package was really rigid.

13. demiruyar

demiruyar Member

Well shipping costs are not to much expensive but,if possible dont let them send the item directly to the airport.Well than it gets a total drama! I hate to say this but I had to use my bribing skills to get my amp from the customs.I am sure that bribing is not an option in the Uk:) I wanted to go with the fedex option but it was very expensive so I had to let them send the product with a company called Bax Global directly to the airport customs...

14. tguyfr

tguyfr Member

Don't you know german packaging ? Diezel or Engl don't use bubble wrap (useless to protect heavy things like tube amps) but high density foam and real thick carboard. Imagine my UG30 protected by only 3mm of carboard and 3mm of bubbles... Pure nightmare.
    It's just a 'detail' though, I'm also in love with my UG22 and UG30.

15. demiruyar

demiruyar Member

16. BadAssBill

BadAssBill southofnash.com Silver Supporting Member

I've not heard one of these in person, but I would think for 2k+ they could do more on the back than a cheap label to show ohm settings. Very amerature IMHO.

17. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

SWEET TONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :AOK:AOK:AOK

18. go7

go7 Member

Congrats on a fab amp.Enjoy!

19. demiruyar

demiruyar Member

You are my idol Tag:RoCkIn Everday I find myself listening to your sound&video clips:drool

20. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

Like your spelling! :D

Yes, there definitely is an element of "hand constructed" with Tony's amps. Hopefully the pleasing sounds the amp makes more than make up for it.